Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  outbound call : In-queue flows

Posted 05-11-2020 03:17
    Edited by Ragheb Gmira 05-11-2020 03:54
    I have outgoing calls in progressive mode. but before the agent receives the call an audio message is played for the clients. this message is defined in In-queue flows. I do not want this message to be played for the client.

• Should I delete it from the In-queue flows ?
    • why Purecloud plays this flow while it is in progressive mode ?

Thank you
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Ragheb Gmira
    Almavia

• 2.  RE: outbound call : In-queue flows

GENESYS
    Posted 05-11-2020 11:44
    Open a case with support.  The call shouldn't go to the in-queue flow unless there are no agents available, but if that was the case the call shouldn't have been placed.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: outbound call : In-queue flows

Posted 05-11-2020 23:52
    I agree with Ragheb.  I so no way you can define an inbound flow in a Call Analysis Rule.  I would look at which rule you are using and then check that OUTBOUND flow for the message.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 4.  RE: outbound call : In-queue flows

Posted 05-12-2020 09:31
    I've experienced this, if agents are not in Auto Answer mode, there is a short period of InQueue treatment while the agent's phone is ringing.  I created a specific inbound flow for the queue and set the audio to be Blank Audio and to repeat it, this prevents the default music from playing.   Outbound call no longer hears in queue audio while agent phone is ringing.

Paul Reininger
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 5.  RE: outbound call : In-queue flows
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2020 10:10
    Right. Outbound dialing campaigns route connected calls back to the queue for distribution to agents, so the In-Queue Call flow assigned to the queue takes effect if the agent does not answer immediately (even with auto-answer turned on, with remote agents on WebRTC there may be just a brief bit of the audio played from the In-Queue Call flow because it takes  up to a couple of seconds sometimes to get connected).

For Progressive dialing, as Melissa pointed out, there should always be an agent available to take the outbound call; however, it is not guaranteed, and the person contacted may end up waiting in queue until an agent comes available (or they disconnect):

"With Progressive dialing, the system automatically dials one contact for each available agent. For example, if six agents are available, the system places six calls. In this mode, the system performs call analysis before it matches each call to an agent.

While the risk of call abandonment is lower with Progressive dialing, it is not eliminated entirely. For example, if the system factors a blended agent into the pool of available agents, and that agent takes an inbound call before connecting to the outbound contact, that call becomes abandoned."

Clarification on "...the call becomes abandoned." The system does not automatically disconnect calls that reach a live person...they can remain on hold waiting for an agent for a while (I'm not sure of the limit, but I have calls in my testbed that went over 17 minutes). After a bit of time (30 seconds or so) the call is marked as abandoned for the purposes of the dialing algorithm and stats, but that doesn't actually mean the person has disconnected.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: outbound call : In-queue flows

Posted 06-24-2020 13:54
    @George Ganahl
    Hello
    Please help me to understand the next
    I have more interaction with this wrap-up "ININ-OUTBOUND-FAILED-TO-REACH-AGENT"
    It´s have relationship with this comment:

Clarification on "...the call becomes abandoned." The system does not automatically disconnect calls that reach a live person...they can remain on hold waiting for an agent for a while (I'm not sure of the limit, but I have calls in my testbed that went over 17 minutes). After a bit of time (30 seconds or so) the call is marked as abandoned for the purposes of the dialing algorithm and stats, but that doesn't actually mean the person has disconnected.

Could be (After a bit of time (30 seconds or so) ) the interaction finish with this wrap-up code?
    I believed that this code ININ-OUTBOUND-FAILED-TO-REACH-AGENT, indicate that the agents does not answer the call (because I see that the agent was alerted) and the contact disconnect the call o the contact disconnected the call, before that the system find an agent idle.

Gladys Galabay
    High Telecommunications Sociedad de Telecomunicaciones Cia. Ltda.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources