Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Speech Recognition Company Directory

Posted 01-11-2021 08:22
    Edited by Curtis Goodell 01-11-2021 10:27
    I'd like customers to be able to use speech recognition to search a company directory. I can't get this to work and have a few questions.

Company Directory-Can I assume by default that the People built in Gen Cloud are part of the company directory?

In my test call flow, I checked "Enable speech recognition for the entire flow"
    In my test call flow, under Company Directory, I chose "Enable for starting task or menu only"
    In my test call flow, I left the default flow-level speech settings to default

When I test out this flow, I just go to the main menu and try saying the name of a person that is built as a user in Gen Cloud.

What am I missing? Is this even possible?
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

Posted 01-12-2021 01:52
    Hi Curtis,

You appear to have done everything that is required, and I have tested within our environment and it works without issue or any additional configuration. I am assuming that the flow has been published after enabling the speech recognition settings? Perhaps you can upload a screenshot of the flow and settings for review?

------------------------------
    Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 3.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

Posted 01-12-2021 09:34
    Gareth, thanks for replying. Yes, I've published the flow. I think the problem is that I'm not seeing a company directory in Admin. Any direction on how to set this up? I don't see anything set-up under Directory. Maybe some kind of LDAP setting? Just reaching here :)

Curtis Goodell
    PRINCIPAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY

• 4.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2021 09:51
    The "Directory" is just all the users in the system (added under Admin>People&Permissions>People). You don't get to configure who is/is not included in the company directory for speech rec. 

Have you added Users to your organization, so they show up under Directory > My Organization in the client?

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

Posted 01-12-2021 10:08
    Yes, just confirmed that they all show up in "my organization" in both Production and DEV.

Curtis Goodell

• 6.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2021 10:42
    Edited by Curtis Goodell 01-12-2021 10:58
    Your Architect screenshot shows Initial Task as the Starting Task and Main Menu as a Reusable Menu.

As stated in the configuration the Company Directory is enable only for the Starting Task (which you have) OR (emphasis mine) Menu (which you don't have).

So, your company directory speech rec functionality is only available while that Initial Task is running.

Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

Posted 01-12-2021 10:58
    Great info, I'll do some testing and make some changes.

On a side note, do you find that most customers with a lot of different call flows, create a separate call flow just for a corporate directory?

Curtis Goodell

• 8.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2021 11:14
    I have not heard of folks doing that, no.

In the case of a Starting Task, it would need to contain up front a Play Audio saying something like, "If you know the name of the person you are calling, say it now." Then give them a little time (3 seconds, probably) before moving on (or play another announcement in the tsak, or whatever).

Be aware that someone will be able to get directly to any user...agents, supervisors, C-level execs, whoever...through that functionality. There is no way to limit the users looked at by the speech rec.

Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

Posted 02-09-2021 10:30
    @George Ganahl

We've made some progress with this call flow. We're trying this in DEV org and when we try to do a search on agents that we built we can't find them by name. However, if I do a search on some other Admins of this org, it does work. Is there some kind of permission that a person needs to be given to be "searchable"?​

Curtis Goodell

• 10.  RE: Speech Recognition Company Directory

Posted 02-09-2021 10:34
    BTW-I looked at these people do show up in the directory. Not sure why they can't be found. Their names are very basic.

Curtis Goodell

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources