Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Consult transfer automatically taking customer off hold.

Posted 09-30-2019 19:38
    Hi all,

If one of our team has a call connected and needs to consult with another department they will put the customer on hold then click the consult transfer button (they do this as sometimes we need to transfer the call and other times we only need advice from this team). 

If we discuss something with the other department and they end the call it will automatically take the initial call with the customer off of hold.  We often have scenarios where we need to call through to multiple different people or departments while the customer is on hold which results on having to quickly put the customer back on hold.  

Is there a workaround for this or can it be added to a future update.  I have seen this posted previously however not sure if it progressed.

Thanks.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Robert Brown
    Defence Bank

• 2.  RE: Consult transfer automatically taking customer off hold.

Posted 02-19-2020 10:12
    Hello @George Ganahl

Any feedback with this function ?

We're facing the same behavior and we would like to avoid getting back the customer online automatically and let the agent resume the call manually.

Regards,

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France

• 3.  RE: Consult transfer automatically taking customer off hold.

Posted 02-20-2020 05:02
    Hello,

There is an idea CLINB-I-389 (see the link) with exactly what you need. Can you vote for It?  Thanks

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-389?utm_source=idea_comment_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=subscribers

Regards,

Mark Borter
    SPIE ICS AG

• 4.  RE: Consult transfer automatically taking customer off hold.

Posted 02-20-2020 05:07
    Voted already :) 

Thanks

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France

• 5.  RE: Consult transfer automatically taking customer off hold.

Posted 06-12-2023 13:03

Hi Mark, I tried to vote on this idea but couldn't find it.  I clicked the link you provided but it took me to the ideas home page and I also tried looking for it using the CLINB-I-389 code.

Do you know what happened with this idea?  We are also affected by the same behavior.  The system shouldn't automatically release the hold placed by the agent, the agent needs to be in control.

If you or someone on this chat knows something, please let me know.  Thank you

Luis Fajardo
    Life Extension

• 6.  RE: Consult transfer automatically taking customer off hold.

GENESYS
    Posted 02-20-2020 09:57
    The Idea is about the only route I can think of. Sorry, not much help.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources