Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-13-2020 14:40
    I've noticed that if there's a network interruption while I'm on a call in the mypurecloud app I'll lose the audio for that call as well as any subsequent calls. Refreshing the page sometimes fixed things for future calls but I can't seem to find a way to get the audio back for the call I'm currently on.

Is this something everyone is experiencing? Is there some workaround I don't know about?
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #RemoteWorkEnablement
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Derek Cooke
    InGenius Software Inc

• 2.  RE: Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-14-2020 08:42
    We are seeing slow downs and disconnects in the WebRTC client increase since we've moved to a work at home model. Interesting only Purecloud is having issues. Other web based apps are working fine. We opened a case with support but got the standard "send the crazy logs captured exactly when it happens" where I'm sure if they just logged into our org they could see it. If anything changes I'll update you.

Greg Barrett
    Outdoor Network, LLC

• 3.  RE: Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-17-2020 10:49
    What are the other web based apps you're using? VOIP/WebRTC is kind of the ultimate stress test for any network. If the latency spikes the calls are real time and can't wait half a second for more packets, you're going to hear distortion from the jitter. 

You could ask agents to setup something as basic as a constant ping to Google (better yet would might be a pingable Genesys Cloud IP address)

In Powershell this will give you timestamps and continuously ping

ping -t google.com|Foreach{"{0} - {1}" -f (Get-Date),$_} > c:\ping\test.txt

I've used visual tools like Ping Plotter before and had good results.

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 4.  RE: Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-20-2020 10:31
    We've seen similar behavior.  It is hard to explain to users why their Teams and Zoom video meetings occur flawlessly, but GCloud drops calls.  When we shifted to WFH/WAH earlier in the Spring there were all sorts of things that turned up.  We do seem to have more challenges with one particular U.S. carrier.  However, more often it is a challenge within the home network:  overburdened WAP; multiple wireless networks accessible and the computer connecting to "the wrong one;" the device, finding multiple configured networks accessible, switches between them.

The original message in this thread, for instance, suggests a scenario where the user may have Comcast/Xfinity service, sets up their home wifi, but also the public xfinitiywifi or xfinity SSID.  Something happens to interrupt the connection, and then the device begins flapping between them.  Same concept applies for other carriers.  Also, Comcast is not the challenging carrier mentioned above.

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 5.  RE: Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-21-2020 10:35
    Just more info. These are desktops running cat5 to a home router. Many different providers, comcast, mediacom, etc. We are seeing the exact same behavior running the desktop app as we do in webtrc.

Greg Barrett
    Outdoor Network, LLC

• 6.  RE: Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-21-2020 11:04
    Greg if you're still getting these drops several times a day running constant ping tests to Google, some Amazon AWS IP addresses may help narrow things down. If you can show Genesys calls are being dropped but the networking looks fine they may be able to investigate. 

Also keep in mind some combo home modems/routers handle SIP terribly. You may get better results with a dedicated consumer/home router that understands SIP and have the ISP supplied modem/router only operate as a modem.

Finally Teams and Zoom may not be using SIP at all "The first point is that Microsoft Teams itself doesn't require SIP, it is an end user UX App window that exposes different Apps such as Chat, Calling, Meetings etc. The second point is that the new Skype core service is based on Skype consumer code and therefore does not use SIP as it's signaling protocol."

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 7.  RE: Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-21-2020 12:52

We are also seeing disconnects in the non phone processes. Chat and Performance views. So not just phone calls.

Greg Barrett

Outdoor Network

Call Center Manager  

w 229 299 9565

c 941 544 2241

• 8.  RE: Audio loss upon network interruption

Posted 08-28-2020 08:41
    We are early in a deployment with WFH agents and have heard of the same thing (loss of audio on the webRTC phone).  Our agents are rebooting their laptops to restore the audio, which seems a bit overkill.  We're starting to investigate more and will share if we identify a better approach.

Don Bertier
    Individual Only Contact Account

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources