Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inline images & attachments

Posted 12-06-2019 14:24
    I've set up an email flow, and one of the paths in my switch is to check for attachments and route emails to a specific queue if any are found. This seems to be working, except that when an email with an inline image (and no attachment) is received, PureCloud is considering that image an attachment and routing it to that specific queue. This is problematic, as an email with an inline image does not need the same special handling as an email with an attachment. The types are 'true' attachments are varied and can sometimes include image files, so routing based upon attachment type does not seem like a viable option. I'm looking for any recommendations on how to approach this and get the desired results.

In our current ACD email platform, agents have to manually transfer emails with attachments into a specific mailbox to be worked. Given the inability to cherry pick emails and the other shortcoming of the PureCloud email platform, I want be able to automatically get these to the appropriate queue.

Thanks
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Inline images & attachments

Posted 12-10-2019 17:19
    Seems to me that the online images should have href or other type of markup in the text of the RTF/HTML text behind the message.  I would need to play around with the parsing tools for Email, but they using REGEX or just parsing for href and see what you get.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources