Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Removing an agent from PureCloud

• 1.  Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-05-2019 09:42
    When an agent is removed from PureCloud what happens to the data under that agent for reporting purposes?  
    Example:  
    Agent Activity for that month - That agent is no longer there to pull into the data
    Metrics by queue - will that data for that agent still pull into the metrics?
    Thanks!
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Tonna Winkers
    Credit Union National Association, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-06-2019 10:22
    Hello! 

We found that deleting a user or setting them inactive seems to remove their call data, which is not ideal. To combat this.. we simple reduce the roles/permissions and leave the user account active and this way our WFM analyst doesn't lose the data attached to that user. 

This is still a work in progress for us, but this method seems to work so far. 
    Hope that helps.

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD
    Alberta Motor Association

• 3.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

GENESYS
    Posted 11-06-2019 10:27
    @Darlene Oordt perhaps you could comment on the best practice and how this should work? ​

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

GENESYS
    Posted 11-06-2019 10:28
    Can you be more specific by what you mean when you say it removes their call data?  and a reference to where you're seeing it removed?   In the Analytics views you'll see options that allow you to query for both inactive and deleted users so that data is still there and represented in the queue views, etc.

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-06-2019 10:48
    Good Morning Darlene, 
    Going with what you are saying, i have asked our WFM analyst to review the Analytics Views since we used to experience a lot of missing data when deleting users or setting them inactive. These things could have been resolved and we have just continued on - :)

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD

• 6.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-06-2019 13:20
    ​Hello Darlene - I am working with Kymberli

I ran a test this morning where I ran an agent activity report and looked at performance views for an agent. I then set that agent as inactive. I found that the agent does not appear in the search window for the report so reports can no longer be run on that agent. I found that I was still able to pull interactions data in the performance view by checking the "include inactive users" field in the filter. However, If I display queue performance data and click on the agents tab that agent will no longer appear and the total calls answered by agents for that queue will be incorrect. I did not see a check box for "include inactive users" in this view. so in conclusion there are areas where we can obtain data from inactive users but it appears we need to be selective.

Paul Soulodre

• 7.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

GENESYS
    Posted 11-07-2019 09:46
    @Paul Soulodre  Thanks for the input Paul.  So if we were to allow the Queue > Agents view to also show inactive agents would that resolve what you are trying to accomplish? ​

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-07-2019 11:56
    ​Hi Darlene,

Yes, that would be helpful as our reporting depends on agent stats being linked to Queue statistics. With the Purecloud model agents are able to login to the ACD call flow regardless of their location. We need to be able to track the additional assistance we receive outside of our contact center.

Paul Soulodre

• 9.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

GENESYS
    Posted 11-07-2019 12:00

Perfect - If you could submit an idea requesting that to the Ideas Lab it would help me track the request.

Thanks!

• 10.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-07-2019 13:55
    ​Thanks Darlene!

Idea CLINB-I-717 created

Paul Soulodre

• 11.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-06-2019 10:38
    Hi Tonna,

I usually recommend to set the user/ agent as inactive.

- Historical / analytics data is easily accessible (for interactions click on include inactive users)
    - user membership is unchanged
    - user cannot access the org

Then after a period of time, you can set them as 'deleted'.
    p.s. just seen that you can include 'deleted' users in the interactions filters now

Thanks,

Jean-Christophe

Jean-Christophe Poyelle
    Foehn Ltd.

• 12.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-11-2019 06:31
    Hi Jean,

Usually we don't have any issues with setting agent's as inactive - however deleting them does seem to remove the information so we don't tend to do this.

Thanks
    Gordon

Gordon Thomson
    Dialler Manager
    Actavo

• 13.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-07-2019 08:43
    We have experienced the same issue. We follow a practice similar to Kymberli in order to be able to access agent data who have migrated from the call center. We have ran into some issues with being billed for agents that have not logged in nor taken calls so be alert that that could happen by leaving agents active. Currently Care is looking into this issue.

Ray Richardson
    Werner

• 14.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-07-2019 15:36
    HI All,

We also have a bit of movement in our contact centres and have established the following:

1. Set agent to inactive when they leave the contact centre permanently
    • Note that setting an agent inactive does not impact queue based statistics (queue activity/performance report) in terms of offered/answered etc
    • It does impact agent based reports (interactions - which you can select inactive users); performance ->Agent report
    • I do note that the Queues->Performance does have a filter for inactive users; which may assist some users (in which you would still have to create filters on users)
    • Every month we report on the previous month and reset those that have left from inactive to active; run the agent based reports and then set them back to inactive.
    • This then shows for the reporting period the agents activity that have left in the preceding month.
    Considering we track movements in contact centre staff (moves/resignations etc) we have found this to operate pretty well. However, we also did find that setting everyone back to active for the purposes of these reports (rather than just the ones that left in the previous month) did increase our peak license usage (staff did not always log out of the system) on the day we set them back to active so care needs to be taken here. 

It sounds like @Darlene Oordt suggestion of adding inactive users to the Performance ->Agent report (is that what you meant?) might also assist us here as well. Voted on idea CLINB-I-717 

Hope this helps others.

James Ross
    Fair Work Ombudsman

• 15.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

GENESYS
    Posted 11-07-2019 21:10
    By the way...Darlene specifically did not mean anything to do with Reports.

Reports are not receiving any development attention (and haven't for quite some time). All efforts are being poured into the Performance views and making them better, with the eventual goal of being able to generate better exports and PDFs from them for reporting, and getting rid of what is currently in Reports altogether.

Genesys

• 16.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-07-2019 21:23
    Great point @George Ganahl, please forgive my bad terminology and use of the word 'report'​ and replace this with the performance views. I love the ongoing work to enhance and improve performance views. Completely support the getting rid of reports :)

James Ross
    Fair Work Ombudsman

• 17.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

GENESYS
    Posted 11-07-2019 21:28
    No worries--I just wanted to make sure everyone knows where the emphasis is being placed in development. :-)

Genesys

• 18.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

Posted 11-08-2019 08:30

George

"Getting rid of reports altogether"-I hope that is not the case being that long term customers are more familiar with reports being that reports are the only option we had. Performance views have a long way to go before they replace reports in our estimation.

Raymond Richardson | Customer Care Analyst
    Werner Co. | 93 Werner Road | Greenville | PA | 16125 | USA
    T: (+1) 724.373.3354 | M: (+1) 724.301.7851
    richare@wernerco.com  |  www.wernerco.com

Werner | Weather Guard | Knaack | Better Built

• 19.  RE: Removing an agent from PureCloud

GENESYS
    Posted 11-08-2019 08:51
    I’d like to clarify what was said.

We are still investing in reports and have a team of developers for reporting. However over the last year+ we have increased our analytics investment for the views.
    Ultimately the views provide you with more flexibility in filtering, column selection and defining what you want your report to look like. We are currently working on export to PDF and then will add scheduling support as well from the views.

Please refer to roadmap presentation and webinar to learn more about what we have planned for analytics in PureCloud. We continue to invest heavily to provide more out of the box functionality. It can be found at know.genesys.com.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources