Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Twitter page identification

Posted 08-17-2020 05:27
    Hi 

We are currently busy with an implementation off Cloud and Twitter Direct Messages. The scenario is as follows

In my flow I use the built in variable Message.Message.targetAddresses this returns a string ass follows 678c82d2-c6b3-44cc-afd9-4e4726ee25e7. 

My question regarding this is where can I find this string. I have checked twitter development and I can not find the origin off this. I need this in advance to identify the twitter page in a table unless there is another variable I can use that actually provides the twitter page name.

Regards

#PureCloudQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Brendan Binns
    Bytes Systems Integration, a Division of Altron (TMT)

• 2.  RE: Twitter page identification

Posted 09-07-2020 01:41
    Hi 

It seems there is no answer to my question. Can Gensys please respond to this. 

Brendan Binns

• 3.  RE: Twitter page identification

GENESYS
    Posted 09-08-2020 07:40
    Brendan,
    It might help if you give a little more info on what you are trying to do here. Using Message.Message.targetAddresses is where the message is going to. So that would be an identifier for your Genesys Cloud Twitter integration Id the message is coming in on.
    I think maybe you might want to be using the Message.Message.senderAddressInfo instead, which would represent the customer the message is coming from.
    In that case there are .name or .addressDisplayable fields that would represent the Twitter customer's givenname + surname OR screenname as defined in their Twitter profile. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
    Greg

Greg Boston
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Twitter page identification

Posted 09-11-2020 07:54
    Hi Greg

Thank you for the response. The page the message is going to is exactly what I am looking for. I was asking the question because I would like to know if there is actually a way off getting the name as text and not the long string. 

We have one flow for about 20 pages and identifying witch page is receiving the message becomes a little complicated. 

Regards

Brendan Binns

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources