Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Cant Collect Input in Flow

Posted 11-12-2019 11:47
    Hi,

We are using an outbound flow with an outbound dialling campaign.
    The outbound flow collects user input (1 digit) and proceeds with API calls etc.

The issue is, we are unable to collect any input since about 2 days.
    The Collect-Input action times-out in spite of pressing keys on phone. We tested this with multiple phone devices and phone numbers and it just doesn't detect any input at all.

This is happening every time on the outbound flow in .ie domain, and randomly in the .com domain.

Can you please test and find out if it is an ongoing issue with genesys?
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)

• 2.  RE: Cant Collect Input in Flow

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 13:30
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:30
    Hi Pradeep, 

Even though I'm not a dialer/flow expert, I think we may need some additional context to move forward with this. Currently not aware of any issues related to issues with DTMF (Dual Tone – Multi Frequency) issues within flows on a platform level. If you haven't opened a case with the Care team (which I'm a part of), I would recommend doing so. Some additional questions might be helpful on speeding the investigation up and I'll post those here:

• It looks like you've answered when it seemed to begin, but maybe some more context to if it's happening to specific users, sites, orgs, etc. 
    • Please provide some conversationID's if you haven't already. If you're not familiar with how to gather those, check out this link:
      https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/get-conversation-id-support/
    • I know you mentioned "multiple phone devices", but can you add any level of detail on station type i.e. "it seems to be working with remote phones or hard phones (Polycom, Cisco, etc), but doesn't work with WebRTC stations!"
    • Is there any possibility that there might have been some changes that were made to either the campaign or the flow before this began? Some times a workaround where we simply revert to the previous version of the flow can help, if that's happened.
    • I know that you mentioned the ".ie" and ".com" domain, but maybe we can add more detail to that. Do you have this occurring in multiple organizations in either of those regions? Do they share the same flow and campaign configuration? We want to make sure we treat issues in different regions somewhat independently of each other, especially if they're occurring in different organizations with differing configurations on either of those.

With that being said, those are some quick questions we can follow up on from a high level overview on your question. The big thing that we can investigate relatively quickly, is a conversationID. We should be able to quickly review whether or not a DTMF response was actually received cloud-side, especially if these are PureCloud Voice customers/edges versus LDM/premise organizations/edges. 

Hopefully this helps!

------------------------------
    Adam Firestine
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Cant Collect Input in Flow

Posted 11-14-2019 10:23
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for helping here and guiding through the process. I have filed a case here. Sharing same information here also. Pardon me for information I could not share because of lack of my knowledge .

We are using an outbound flow with an outbound dialling campaign.
    The outbound flow collects user input (1 digit) and proceeds with API calls etc.

The issue is, we are unable to collect any input since about monday, i.e 11 November 2019.
    The Collect-Input action times-out in spite of pressing keys on phone. We tested this with multiple phone devices and numbers(eg. Vodafone, Airtel etc) and it just doesn't detect any input at all. We have not done any changes in existing flow/Architect.

In both .IE and .COM domains, we have almost exactly the same architecture:We have a simple Agentless Outbound Dialling campaign which calls a number, and connects this call to an Outbound flow. The Outbound flow then takes user input and proceeds with the rest of the logic.

The .IE domain version of this architecture never detects any input (since about 3-4 days now) and the .COM domain version randomly succeeds/fails to detect.

interaction link :
    .COM :
    https://apps.mypurecloud.com/directory/#/engage/admin/interactions/ce9afc4f-75fe-4bf6-8960-b63c63054d30

.IE :
    https://apps.mypurecloud.ie/directory/#/engage/admin/interactions/56b0dc12-18d8-4cc0-8a5f-a0b5ade6a0d4

Pradeep Joshi
    Uber

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources