Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

Posted 08-10-2018 17:13
    Edited by Greg Beal 08-10-2018 17:13
    Does anyone have an idea how to configure an easier way for an agent to transfer a call to a Call Flow? 

We can do this in PureConnect/CIC where you allow agents to transfer to an Attendant Profile. Need a capability like this in PureCloud.

I've got three different Call Routes setup in the PureCloud ORG that I want agents to be able to transfer to now. The only address you can give these Routes is a full E.164 address. I don't want the agents to have to type in that full 10-digit DID to transfer to that Flow. They would be okay with dialing the 4-digit extension number they had before PureCloud on their old Avaya system. 

I tested and found I can setup a number plan with regex expression for the 4 digits that normalizes to the full 10 digit number. But do I need to create a number plan for each of the three call routes? Is there a better way to do this? See my screen shot below.

Test Number Plan
    Thanks for any help.

------------------------------
    Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 2.  RE: Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

Posted 08-11-2018 16:29
    Greg,

If an Agent has to forward a call to another flow (on the same ORG), I think it is best to create a script, and in that script add a Button which invokes the Invoke Secure Flow action.
    This action let's you forward the call to a Secure Call Flow, which is a type of flow in Architect.
    In such a flow you can forward to an Inbound Call Flow, using "Transfer to Flow"
    For the Agent to be able to choose which flow,:
    - You can either create a Button in the script for every flow,
    - or you can create an Input field in the script, where the Agent can enter the number. This number can then be passed on as a variable to the Secure Call Flow (Flow.InvacationData), which then decides to which call flow the call must be routed, depending on the number the Agent has entered.

Hope this helps

Steven

Steven Deferme
    Quant ICT

• 3.  RE: Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

GENESYS
    Posted 08-13-2018 04:57
    @Steven Deferme his suggestion is the best and easiest solution for now. We have a future development project we would like to work on that will add Architect Flows into the list of transfer objects (transfer dialog). This will allow an agent to search for a Flow and perform a transfer from the transfer dialog.

Regards,

Jeroen​

Jeroen Buis
    Genesys - Director, Product Management

• 4.  RE: Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

Posted 07-15-2019 09:40
    @Jeroen Buis do you have any status on the development on the "Agent transfer to Flow" feature?

I'm working with a big customer who could really use this. We have this capability in the CIC/PureConnect world. There are lots of instances where agents want to transfer to a flow where the call can get the skills, menues, etc we try to design in to meet their requirements.​​ The other suggestions in this thread will work, but just workarounds.

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 5.  RE: Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

Posted 08-21-2018 13:34
    @Greg Beal - I'm having a similar issue, unfortunately. On the transfer design you posted here, do you know if that call going all the way out to the pst​n and coming back in as a direct dial cal to hit the flow, or do you think that would be handled internally?

Dean Thames

• 6.  RE: Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

Posted 08-21-2018 15:34
    Actually, upon further review, the network classification leads me to believe it's internal. I tried it out and this seems to work pretty well. Hate to soak up a did, but it gets the job done for now.

Dean Thames

• 7.  RE: Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

Posted 09-19-2018 06:32
    Hello

Not sure if this is helpful but we set up a separate transfer queue, and then set the In-Q  to a flow which transferred to the Inbound flow we wanted to transfer to in the first place.

Then we asked our agents to transfer to the new transfer queue.

Tom

• 8.  RE: Agent Transfer to Call Flow or Route

GENESYS
    Posted 09-19-2018 08:42
    Greg, in my test org I just choose a unique extension range and set up the regular expression to match numbers in that range. Since the call stays internal (never goes to the PSTN) when calling a DID number from withing PureCloud, I make up a DID (thus, no need to waste an external DID from the telco) and use the extension as the last 4 digits in the Number Plan.

Something like:

Transfer to Flow

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources