Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

• 1.  Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 07-30-2018 06:10
    Hi there,

Does any one have idea if PureCloud integrated with ADP for Payroll and attendance ? It would be great to have idea about this.

Regards,
    Rehman.

------------------------------
    Abdul Rehman Shaikh
    HelloFresh

• 2.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

GENESYS ADVISOR
    Posted 08-24-2018 14:50

Hello!

Good question! You should check Genesys app foundry where all third party supported apps are posted.  I already tried searching ADP but found none, you can try searching with your specific needs and see if there is a match.

Best Regards,

Jo Malabag
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 01-14-2021 19:24
    Checking in on an integration with ADP to see if anything has changed since the post in 2018. I checked the AppFoundry and ADP isn't listed as an AppFoundry partner. Please advise. Thank you!

Audra Lindell
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 01-15-2021 09:00
    There is not one at this time.  Our clients would love to have this though!

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 5.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 01-18-2021 10:54
    We are currently currently working on an ADP related applicaiton that would facilitate employees being able to call/text/chat in and  hear and/or modify their schedule, call in sick, etc... ADP uses a two way cert as part of their API auth process, and I'm not seeing any way to handle in Genesys. Currently we're designing for AWS for dev, but my production preference would be Genesys. 

If Genesys could handle that two way cert, it'd be like any other web service data action.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 6.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

GENESYS
    Posted 01-16-2021 09:26
    It would be worthwhile checking the ideas portal to see if this already exists as a suggestion there.  If it does not, please create one and include some information on what an integration to ADP would be expected to accomplish: is it just to log agent's hours for timecard purposes?  How are the agents in Genesys Cloud tied to their identity in ADP?  Is it by email address, employee ID, some other custom attribute?  Do you want schedules synced between the two systems?  Is there a specific ADP product/platform you're interested in, or just ADP in general?  

The more specificity around these sorts of requests, the easier it is to estimate the level of effort to build; having these specifics also provides insights to development partners, who may be able to take up this sort of work on their own and offer it through the AppFoundry.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2021 12:45
    Good Morning Rehman

Your timing is excellent. We are at the start of our development cycle for a set of APIs to support the Genesys Cloud end of the process. Combining this with API's available from ADP then we will have a solution. 

We would love to discuss your use case its highly likely we are already covering it off however it would be a good validation for us. 

If you like to discuss further please reach out to me directly, @Michele Fisher or @Bhanu Suravarapu
    If you are another customer and also interested in this work, please also reach out. We would love to discuss this with you. 

​​​Cheers

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 8.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 03-03-2022 16:02
    Cameron,

Do you have an update on the ADP integration?  We are currently implementing Genesys Cloud CX for 5000 users and could really use this functionality.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Goff
    Director of Contact Center Platform
    New American Funding

Matt Goff
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 9.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

GENESYS
    Posted 03-03-2022 17:42

Hi Matt,

Thank you for reaching out! It is currently our highest priority item from a Workforce Management Time-Off perspective. We are currently at a charter complete stage and are looking into estimation and design. We will be posting updates here - https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEM-I-577

If you would like to participate in our Beta, please let me know and I will ensure you are added to it when it's available. 

Best regards,

Sanjana

Sanjana Seetharam
    Senior Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees
    sanjana.seetharam@genesys.com

• 10.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 03-03-2022 20:20
    I need to be part of that beta.  We have several projects in flight to develop some data for this.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 11.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

GENESYS
    Posted 03-04-2022 09:15
    Absolutely, Robert! We'll ensure you are added to the Beta :)

Sanjana Seetharam
    Senior Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 03-04-2022 13:02
    Sanjana,

We don't have our org yet, but Avtex is our partner so I can follow up with Robert.  

Is the beta only for Time-Off or are you also working on using ADP as a SCIM?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Goff

• 13.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 03-04-2022 13:54
    Hi Matt,

Interesting idea of using ADP for SCIM with GC.  I would assume that ADP will not contain the information for SCIM provisioning of users which is what SCIM is designed for in GC.  I think what Genesys is doing is creating an API that will allow sync of the information for time off request and time off allocation.  A web service would have to be written to talk to the two API's.  I think their approach is that the EHRS systems don't want direct editing of their customer information by an external party, but it is fine if the customer is doing it directly.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 14.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 03-04-2022 14:03
    Robert,

For us, ADP is the source of truth for users, titles, hierarchy, etc.  Though we are working on getting AAD updated with the latest ADP info.

Matt

Matt Goff

• 15.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

Posted 03-04-2022 15:03
    True, but what about queues, roles, skills, languages and all the WFM stuff like work plans?  Even AD is not a good place for all that information.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 16.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

GENESYS
    Posted 03-04-2022 15:07
    Hi Matt and Robert,

This Beta would be only for time-off requests and allocation synchronization. Here are some details about our approach - 
    1. Mapping
    • We will be mapping time-off types and users between the 2 systems ( Genesys Cloud and External HR system)
      • Time-off type mapping will take place with enhancements we are making to time-off plans
      • For user mapping, we will be synching users based on their emails ( which are unique in GC)
    2. Time-off interaction
    • When a time-off request is created in GC WFM , we will send a request to the external HR system to get the agent's balance
    • Once the external system returns the user and time-off type based balance, GC WFM will make a decision to automatically approve the time-off request or not ( based on the time-off plan configuration)
    • If the time-off request is automatically approved, we will send a request to the HR system to record the approved time-off request
    • Additionally, if there are changes to already approved requests tracked on the HR system, we will be able to identify and send a request to update the record in HR system
    SCIM is separate from this Beta. As Robert has mentioned, SCIM user provisioning is handled by the identity provider. So, if ADP has a user provisioning engine that is capable of sending us SCIM requests to our public API endpoints , it should just work.

Sanjana Seetharam
    Senior Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Does PureCloud Integrate with ADP

GENESYS
    Posted 03-04-2022 15:09

Genesys Cloud provides the SCIM public API endpoints that conform with the RFC.  At this time, we're more of a "passive" SCIM implementation, providing the standardized APIs with the expectation that they will be referenced by an identity provider to update the Genesys Cloud attributes of a user and/or group membership.  I'm not aware of ADP having a user provisioning engine, but I'm also not an expert on their platforms/applications.  If they do have a SCIM implementation, then it should be a matter of configuring the authentication and pointing their engine to the base URL of our SCIM APIs, then providing the necessary mappings of ADP attributes to the appropriate attribute in Genesys Cloud (you should be able to use the attribute mappings provided for other identity providers as a basic guide to get you started).  Keep in mind that Genesys Cloud's ability to support such a thing extends only to the behavior of our API endpoints, and not the specifics of a platform like ADP.  

What I've seen as a more common approach in enterprises is to integrate the SCIM provisioning engine from a platform like Azure AD, Okta, OneLogin, etc. to synchronize out to systems like ADP, Genesys Cloud, and other enterprise applications.  If Azure AD has an integration to ADP, they could likely consume information from ADP, then rebroadcast any changes over to Genesys Cloud.  This would be an "integration by proxy", with Azure AD serving as the middle man between ADP and Genesys Cloud, but the net result would be the same.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources