Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Audible Alerts for non Voice Interactions (SMS, email)

Posted 08-02-2019 11:49
    We have a challenge that I hope someone can help me with:

We are trying to implement inbound routing of SMS and email.  I've set it up in the system, and we are going through our pilot phase, but the users are challenged by the fact that there is no audible alert notifying them of the interaction.  With a voice interaction, they hear the phone ring, so there's no issue.  But for the other methods, there isn't any notification that an interaction has routed to them, other than the visual "answer" button in PureCloud (or their widget).  

Our agents, when they are not taking a call, are busy working in other systems, such as SAP, Salesforce, or even their company email.  So, they are not sitting there staring at their screens waiting for an alert to pop up.

Is it possible to have an audible alert notification for an agent to let them know that an SMS or email has routed to them?
    Has anyone else needed this functionality?  And if so, how did you address it?

Many thanks,
    b
    #DigitalChannels
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Brenda
    PureCloud System Owner

• 2.  RE: Audible Alerts for non Voice Interactions (SMS, email)

GENESYS
    Posted 08-05-2019 11:37
    The alert sound for emails and SMS is sent to the computer sound device as configured in the OS (Windows or Mac). If they are only on a phone headset and it is not able to be set as the sound device for Windows (presuming you use Windows), I don't know that you will find a solution.

Here I have a sample of my Chrome browser sounds going to a different sound device than the rest of my system/app sounds:

My WebRTC phone uses the Chrome device for the calls as well...all my alert sounds (and other sounds from Chrome) go there.

I don't know that it helps your situation, since I'm guessing you use hard phones with headsets?

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Audible Alerts for non Voice Interactions (SMS, email)

Posted 03-01-2021 13:52
    George - 

Is there any way to change SMS alerting notification sound in Genesys ?

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

• 4.  RE: Audible Alerts for non Voice Interactions (SMS, email)

Posted 03-01-2021 14:02
    Not in Genesys Cloud, but you can do it with a script.  Here is an easy way to put a player in an iFrame in a script and have it lay whatever sound you want:

How to insert an HTML5 audio player to your webpage using iframe | HTML5 Audio Player for Your Website (amazingaudioplayer.com)

Worth a try. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Audible Alerts for non Voice Interactions (SMS, email)

Posted 03-01-2021 16:49
    Also please consider voting for this idea:

Extended ring tone for Enquiry/Chat alerts 

There are two other ideas that have been merged into the idea above
    -Recurring beep on an incoming email interaction alert
    -Customized alerting tones and intervals for Chat and SMS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources