Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Receiving Live Calls Before Voicemails or Callbacks

Posted 07-11-2018 11:33
    Community Peeps,

Hello.  How do I set up PureCloud to have live calls jump in front of transfer to queue voicemails or callbacks?  Example: I have 5 Transfer to Queue voicemails lined up, but <g class="gr_ gr_376 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="376" data-gr-id="376">a live</g> call comes in.  I want the live call to be answered first.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    C.J. Rardin
    Avant Specialty Benefits

• 2.  RE: Receiving Live Calls Before Voicemails or Callbacks

GENESYS
    Posted 07-11-2018 12:02
    Hi C.J.

Currently callbacks are created with the same priority as the original call.  The workaround is to use a 2nd queue for the callbacks.  If you're creating the callback in the current queue's in-queue flow, transfer to the 2nd queue and then create the callback in that queue's in-queue flow.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Receiving Live Calls Before Voicemails or Callbacks

Posted 08-03-2020 15:20
    I realize the original post is quite old, but is this still the best answer to the question?  I'm searching all the various Genesys resources, but it seems there really has to be a better way than creating a 2nd queue by now?  I understand the answer is described as a workaround.  Is it known if there is any other options yet?  Anything in the Ideas lab that I can upvote?

Thanks

Scot Taylor
    PRA Health Sciences

• 4.  RE: Receiving Live Calls Before Voicemails or Callbacks

Posted 08-04-2020 09:09
    Genesys hasn't come out with anything new.  This question does continue to come up in conversations in the Community.  The reason, I believe, that this hasn't changed is because the desire is to recognize the callback interaction as co-equal to a voice interaction.  A customer electing a callback generally has the expectation that if they choose a callback, they will be reached once someone is available. 

Some companies tell the caller when they elect a callback, that they will reserve their place in line.  Callbacks reduce abandons (good for the company) and reduce caller frustration.  If frequent callers "wise up" that their callbacks are answered much more slowly, they will stop using the feature and invalidate any benefits you were hoping to gain with callbacks.  

So, a best practice is to keep voice and callbacks mixed for the benefit of the customer and to also show your team that a callback request is equally as important as a "live" person waiting on the line.  This is similar to what many businesses during this pandemic are facing- how do they prioritize people that place pickup orders versus people that come in the store; the best answer should be equally- if you want to push customers to use the "pickup" option.

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 5.  RE: Receiving Live Calls Before Voicemails or Callbacks

Posted 08-07-2020 16:59
    I agree that callbacks should receive the same priority as calls. Voicemails are very similar, but conceptually keep their place in the queue. We are prioritizing live calls over voicemail. See my post here for the how-to: https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?MessageKey=dd611713-55b5-4935-9541-f46c490d1f37

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 6.  RE: Receiving Live Calls Before Voicemails or Callbacks

Posted 05-17-2021 09:23
    Edited by Bruce Dunn 05-17-2021 09:23

I have developed a way to transfer back to the same queue with a different priority by using the "Set Participant Data" & "Get Participant Data". Before transferring back to the queue you set a variable with "Set Participant Data" then test for that variable at the very beginning of the call flow to see if it is a new call coming in or a call that has been sent back to the queue as a voicemail. Call flow is below, if you have any questions just ask.

Bruce Dunn
    State of Delaware

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources