Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Table Lookup, Switch, & Logical Functions

Posted 09-17-2020 07:46
    Edited by Angel Rodriguez 09-17-2020 07:47
    Currently, we have a Data Table Lookup task that looks for a specific DNIS, and a Switch below it that provides the routing for each DNIS. The cases for the Switch have been converted to Strings [ToString("+1#######")]; however, i was wondering if it was possible to use "AND/OR" logic in the formula. The alternative, which is what I'm using, is to have multiple cases with the different numbers routing the call down the same path. EDIT: but that just creates more cases than i would want to have.

For example:

• CASE 1: if telephone number AAABBBAAAA was dialed the IVR will route it to PATH 1 [ ToString("+1AAABBBAAAA) ]
    • CASE 2: if telephone number AAABBBBBBB was dialed the IVR will route it to PATH 1 [ ToString("+1AAABBBBBBB) ]
    • CASE 3: if telephone number AAABBBCCCC was dialed the IVR will route it to PATH 2 [ ToString("+1AAABBBCCCC) ]

Is there a way to combine CASE 1 and 2 with an AND or OR? e.g., ToString("+1AAABBBAAAA") OR ToString("+1AAABBBBBBB") to send to PATH 1.

Thanks in advance.
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Angel R.

• 2.  RE: Data Table Lookup, Switch, & Logical Functions

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2020 09:07
    Architect supports and/or

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Data Table Lookup, Switch, & Logical Functions

Posted 09-17-2020 09:55
    Edited by Angel Rodriguez 09-17-2020 10:44
    Thanks, Melissa. 

How would that formula look in the example above? I tried adding it to the expression and am getting the following error message:

There is no implementation that accepts parameters of String and String.

Angel R.

• 4.  RE: Data Table Lookup, Switch, & Logical Functions
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2020 11:23
      |   view attached
    Use the evaluation style Take path of first case that returns True.  Make sure the case is set to expression mode and use this expresssion (replace Task.dnisString with the appropriate variable)
    Task.dnisString == ToString("+1AAABBBAAAA") OR Task.dnisString == ToString("+1AAABBBBBBB")

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Data Table Lookup, Switch, & Logical Functions

Posted 09-17-2020 12:00
    Awesome. Helpful as always, Melissa. 

Thank you!

Angel R.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources