Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Table Performance & Cost

Posted 12-31-2020 03:02
    Hi community & Genesys emp.
    I have the following questions regarding DT usage:
    1. are the usage of DT, meaning DT lookup  through Architect with the action available, counted in the billing as API Requests?
    2. Is there any documentation related to the performance of accessing (not the dimensions that are well known here) to DT or do they scale automatically? For this I mean for example 20 Lookup per second

Thank you and have a great 2021
    Cheers
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Gennaro Montanino

• 2.  RE: Data Table Performance & Cost

Posted 01-02-2021 05:48
    Hi Gennaro,

I can answer the first one which is no they do not count as API requests. That would only be if you used a Data Action to lookup the table instead or one to change the entries in a data table.

As for the second we have many customers using data tables to lookup data for every call for prompts and other routing information and had no issues but cannot state the number of requests per second capacity.

Richard Chandler
    Conn3ct

• 3.  RE: Data Table Performance & Cost

Posted 01-02-2021 06:03
    Thank you. @Richard chandler
    I also think that make no sense to be counted as API Request, but you know: with cloud solution is better to estimate in advance the cost of the usage before discover in the bill that was too expensive =)

Regarding the performance, I am only worried about the response time, I will try to figure it out with a load test.

Have a Great 2021
    Gennaro​

Gennaro Montanino

• 4.  RE: Data Table Performance & Cost
    Best Answer

Posted 01-02-2021 08:08
    Hi Gennaro,

Looking at some data I've captured a timestamp to participant data before and after a DT lookup and the time taken was 5ms. This may take slightly longer with say with thousands of rows of data but my experience with a couple of hundred rows has not been noticeable by a caller.

Richard Chandler
    Conn3ct

• 5.  RE: Data Table Performance & Cost

Posted 01-06-2021 01:47
    Thank you. I will perform some tests as well.
    Regards

Gennaro Montanino

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources