Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Purecloud Soft Phone Advice

Posted 01-05-2021 00:06
    Hi all,

We have a small Contact Centre consisting of about 15 staff.  Due to Covid we are now all working from home and staff are answering calls from their mobile phones. 

We are investigating softphone headsets (currently testing the Jabra Evolve 2 40) and so far not having a lot of luck. We have been having disconnection issues, issues connecting the headsets, and are struggling getting the answer and mute buttons to work consistently even after installing the Jabra Chrome plugin and the Jabra direct software.  

We are looking for some headsets that are more "plug and play" that do not require additional software (and can still use the headset's mute/answer features).

I'm hoping for any advice on headsets that you have used and how you found them.  

Thanks in advance.
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Robert Brown
    Defence Bank

• 2.  RE: Purecloud Soft Phone Advice

Posted 01-06-2021 08:30
    We are new to Pure Cloud and when we started looking at headsets for soft phones we were told to look for USB enabled versions rather than plain old Bluetooth connections. It has something to do with Windows and resources used for bluetooth.  We have had good luck with the Logitech H800 using the USB dongle for connecting. You can find it on Amazon or Best Buy quite easily. 

We also have some users using MPOW wired, usb headsets and found those to be effective.  Our main goal is not to use the headset's mute/answer features so I can't guarantee that those work with Pure Cloud. 

We are always looking for better options so I would be interested in what others are using for soft phones as well.

Rob Rooney
    ARAG North America Incorporated

• 3.  RE: Purecloud Soft Phone Advice

Posted 01-06-2021 11:02
    We use the Poly EncorePro 500 series (e.g. HW525). Works well with the Desktop app, but I recommend to use Plantronics Hub software with it to be able to update firmware and change a few settings.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 4.  RE: Purecloud Soft Phone Advice

Posted 01-06-2021 13:21
    You can also call the Jabra support desk for help- they've been tremendous.  They can talk through system challenges and make product recommendations.

Here's another helpful link

https://www.jabra.com/Business/for-your-platform/genesys

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources