Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

• 1.  Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 05-16-2021 23:19
    Is there anyway to turn off the ability for agents to activate/deactivate themselves on certain queues? We have over 150 queues, and would like agents to be able to activate/deactivate themselves only in about 6 of these (all others they are to be activated in at all times).

Thanks.
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Jolene Blair

• 2.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 05-28-2021 11:16
    That is an All or Nothing permission.  I suggest you put an idea on the AHA site and see if you get some votes.  I could see this two ways - a checkbox on the Queue to allow or disallow activation or a condition on the permission to limit to only certain queues.  

If that does not pan out, you could not allow activation and then use a widget that could call the API for only certain queues.  This could be embedded in the side widget panel for easy of access and give you complete control over the selections available.  

Avtex could come up with a widget like this if you are interested.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 06-01-2021 17:41
    Edited by Andrew Doller 06-01-2021 17:44

Don't know if this idea helps, but I've suggested that there should be a "Queue Role" option where certain queues would be allocated to defined roles, and they could be used to activate/deactivate queues based on the role...

See my idea here:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLWFO-I-471

Andrew Doller
    Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Ltd

• 4.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 06-01-2021 19:52

Thanks for the info Robert.

I've submitted as an idea a per your suggestion.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLSELF-I-450

Jolene Blair

Contact Centre & Communications Manager

P +61 8 9232 7037

M +61 419 091 158

jolene.blair@instantwindscreens.com

Instant Windscreens

Instant Windscreens

• 5.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-02-2021 07:49
    Robert, which permission is it? As far as I know, all the queue-related permissions support divisions, which means you should be able to allow this for certain queues only.

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 06-02-2021 13:54
    I was referring to the ability to activate.  I don' t think you can segment that down to just certain queues.  IE:  I am member of x, y, and z, but I only can activate in Z.  That permission level is not set as far as I know.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 7.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2021 08:46
    Robert, that ability is controlled by a permission: Routing > Queue > Join. And this permission is "division aware," so a user may be granted this permission only for certain queues.

Here is a screenshot of an experiment I did:
    This user is a member of TWO queues, but only has permission to "deactivate" one of them, because the queues are in different divisions, and the Routing > Queue > Join permission was only granted for the 2nd division.

Hopefully I am answering the question that was asked!

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 06-03-2021 18:38

Hi Anthony, From what I can tell, members cannot be a part of more than 1 division is this correct? If this is the case, this won't work for us as the user still needs to be part of these queues, we just want to disable the ability to deactivate themselves on certain ones.

-Jolene

Jolene Blair

• 9.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2021 18:53
    Edited by Anthony Alford 06-03-2021 18:53
    I think this is one of the confusing things about divisions. The division that "you" are "member" of has zero impact on what you are allowed to do.

The permission to activate a queue is restricted by the divisions that the *queues* are in. Think about how roles are assigned to users (we call this a "grant"). The role contains permissions that allow the user to do things, and this is further restricted by one *or more* divisions, which contain the objects the user can *do things to*.

It does not matter at all what division this user is a "member" of. That only controls access to the data *about* the user; it is how you control which other people can do things *to that user's data*. It doesn't control anything about what that user can do. (btw, this is why I put the quotation marks all over the place. The user who is trying to do something isn't "in" a division. The data *about* that user is "in" the division)

Hopefully that all made sense!

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 06-09-2021 00:22
    Hi Anthony,

I tried to replicate what you were saying above by creating a new division. I assign the 8 queues I wanted to have the unique join permission to this division

I then created a role which had just the join queue permission associated with this new division and removed the join permission from the other role.

However when I have done this, agents are not able to activate the queues in either division.

Is there a specific way of doing this that I'm missing?

Jolene Blair

• 11.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 06-29-2021 01:40
    Hi Anthony,

I tried to replicate what you were saying above by creating a new division. I assign the 8 queues I wanted to have the unique join permission to this division

I then created a role which had just the join queue permission associated with this new division and removed the join permission from the other role.

However when I have done this, agents are not able to activate the queues in either division.

Jolene Blair

• 12.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-29-2021 15:53
    I don't know, that sounds exactly like what I did. There are two roles:
    - the "regular" agent role, but it does NOT have the join permission
    - the "join" role, that has only the join permission.

I gave the regular role to my agent with ALL the divisions (both the divisions with queues that the agent I want the agent to be able to activate, and the ones with queues the agent can NOT activate).

I also gave the join role to the agent, but only for the divisions with queues that the agent can activate.

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

Posted 06-29-2021 23:21
    Hi Anthony,

Thanks for clarifying, it was the fact that the 1 role have both divisions that made the difference.

All working now!

Jolene Blair

• 14.  RE: Enable Agent Queue activation only on certain queues (not across all)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-30-2021 09:04
    Great! Glad I could help :)

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources