Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

• 1.  BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-02-2020 09:43
    Hi All, 

I'm working on a byoc cloud from a cisco ube and having issues troubleshooting it. We obviously can get quite a bit of logging from the ube side, and the sip invites look good, but we're not getting connectivity inboud to Genesys.

Is there a way to get logging from the edges so we can see if the invites are getting to the right place and if so why they're being rejected? 

Dean.
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-02-2020 09:49
    Hey Dean,

The edges do produce logging but you would need to open a support ticket to have them take a look. Alternatively you could enable protocol captures on the external trunk (under diagnostics), then go to the edge and pull the pcap from the diagnostic tab. Obviously you need to enable the protocol capture, then do the test call so you have a valid example to look for in the protocol capture. 

Depending on the situation, you could check Performance>interactions to see if you can view the call hitting the org. If a call is not showing up in that list then it very likely never made it to the edges in general so the pcap isn't going to do you any good. 

Hope this helps,

Kyle Griffin
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    Genesys Partner

• 3.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-02-2020 10:11
    Thanks Kyle... yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I have media capture enabled in the diagnostic section of the trunk, but not seeing anything. So even if it's a reject from the application like for a non existent route, it should produce an interaction?

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 4.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2020 10:22
    Not necessarily. For example, if there is a protocol mismatch (the External Trunk is set to TCP and the Cisco side set to UDP) or a port mismatch or other such things, even if the message reaches the edge the edge won't respond nor will you see anything in the .pcap (since the edge isn't listening to messages sent to that port/protocol/etc.)

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-02-2020 11:54
    Ugh. This makes troubleshooting pretty rough. The Cisco guys have all the logs, so they're like "we're right... it's doing what it's supposed to do", and I don't really have any info.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 6.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2020 13:21
    Since your edges are in the cloud (I presume) and not running throuhg any switches you can access (I presume)...it will be very hard to verify what they are sending if it is not reaching the AWS edges. You'll need to work with Care to see if they can see what is coming in from the Cisco UBE, if the traffic is getting to Genesys Cloud (or at least the SBCs for the edges).

Genesys

• 7.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-02-2020 14:19
    Will do... thanks George. I have a few other tricks I can try first but will let you know.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 8.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-03-2020 10:22
    I created an issue on this to get the log trace. I also put up a Twilio sip trunk and it worked on the first shot, so definitely an issue on the cube side. Is there any general guidance or a config note for sip trunking with Cisco? Seems like it should be a well worn path by now.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 9.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

GENESYS
    Posted 04-03-2020 11:27
    Edited by George Ganahl 04-03-2020 11:27
    Nothing specific to Cisco. All carriers/PBXes have to meet the same requirements as documented at https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/carrier-requirements-byoc-cloud/

Genesys

• 10.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

GENESYS
    Posted 04-03-2020 12:00
    Dean,

I work on the AppFoundry team and I help our partners setup BYOC SIP Trunks all the time.  If you are getting no response at all to the SIP INVITE from Cisco, then here is what I would recommend that you check:

1. Makes sure the "Inbound SIP Termination Identifier" is just a single name and not an entire domain.  The grey box below the entry field will show you the FQDN based on what you enter as an identifier.
    2. Validate the IP addresses or CIDR addresses in the "SIP Access Control" field will allow SIP INVITEs from the Cisco server(s).  I see people miss type IP addresses or enter the wrong CIDR value all the time.  This acts as a gatekeeper and won't let your invite pass into the edge if there is no match.
    3. You must define a DID in the Admin->DID Numbers.  If the SIP Invite is calling 1112223333@company.byoc.mypurecloud.com, then you have to setup 1112223333 as a DID.  The DID Numbers tab will want you to enter a range, but if you are just defining a single DID then enter the same value as the start and end.
    4. Setup a route in Admin->Call Routing.  You need to associate that DID will an Architect inbound call flow.  You will select the DID on the right side of that Call Routing page.
    5. Last thing I usually check is to make sure the site in Admin->Sites has an Outbound route associated with the trunk and I also use the Simulate Call tab in the Site settings to test that a number will go out that trunk to the virtual edges.

If you continue to have problems, then please reply and I can work with you directly.  I'll bet we can figure it out pretty quick if need be.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 11.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-03-2020 12:28
    Thanks Jim. I'm pretty sure the issue is on the cube side, and I have limited access to that... You helped me get the Twilio config nailed down a few months back (it was the outbound route), so fortunately I'm able to replicate that for this org so I can tell the Cisco guys that it's their config, not mine. 

George, I'll refer them to that documentation, but I don't have access to the SBC environment. The config options there are many, which is both good and bad - their default settings aren't getting it done.  I'll post some notes here for Cisco Cube once we're done. IMHO, some vendor specific config notes would go a long way.... I know it's a standard, but Cisco tends to do things their own special way.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 12.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-03-2020 12:47
    And George... follow up on the vendor specific config note is this:

People who are invested in a particular technology are typically wary of other technologies. Cisco folks think Cisco is always right, etc... they don't want people using other stuff because "why aren't we using the stuff we have". So they're somewhat prone to either slow up, push back or question the effort. And they definitely don't want to read someone else's instructions because they already know how to do it.

So my experience is that a config note written in "their" language using snips from "their" tool can go a long way to keeping things moving.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 13.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

GENESYS
    Posted 04-03-2020 12:55
    Of course! I've dealt with Cisco for years, as well as a bunch of other vendors, and no one ever wants to accept that theirs is "just like all the others" for configuration...but the plain truth is that in our era of cloud-based technologies, everything really is pretty much the same and folks have to adjust their mindsets. Not that everyone will :-)

It would be best if you were to use the "Was this article helpful?" link at the bottom of that article to give feedback to Doc, asking them to create the Cisco-specific configuration info.

Genesys

• 14.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 04-22-2020 08:27
    As a follow up here... We (think we) have it sorted out.

The initial call control/setup issues we were experiencing were related to an incorrectly applied route (duh). After we were able to set calls up, we were getting one-way media. This turned out to be related to VRF routing. The cube was on the last ios release that did not accommodate inter-VRF call processing, so the config looked correct but it wasn't working. Upshot is that the Genesys sip trunk was in a different VRF than the carrier sip trunk, so they weren't able to do the talky-talky bit on the media. 

For those of you who are interested: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-multi-vrf.html

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 15.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 01-25-2021 15:26
    Hi Jim - I am facing this issue in our setup where we are trying to configure BYOC with AT&T.

We have properly configures the identifier also have configure the DID under extension and have mapped to a flow but when we are dialing that number getting message that the number you have reached is not in service.
    As per AT&T logs they told that they are sending the call to Genesys but getting error as "SIP/2.0 404 Not Found".

Can you please help me here if i am missing anything at our end.

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

• 16.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2021 15:53
    Anurag,

The fact that you are getting a SIP 404 Not Found back seems to tell me that you have the CIDR addresses for AT&T configured properly so the SIP INVITE is at least being processed by the Virtual Edge.  My guess would be that either the DID or the FQDN that they are sending doesn't match what you have setup in the trunk.  If you go into Admin->Trunks and open the settings for your trunk and look in the "Inbound/Termination" section of the page you'll see the expected "Inbound Request-URI Reference" area.  That will show you exactly what the SIP INVITE address has to look like:

You should confirm both the left side and right side of the '@' look correct in the SIP INVITE that AT&T is sending.  I would note that the Genesys Edges expect the country code to be proceeded by a '+' as you can see above.  Also the DID numbers you define in Admin->DID Numbers need to contain the '+' and country code too.

If you continue to have trouble then I might suggest opening a ticket with Genesys Customer Care and they will be able to obtain SIP traces from the virtual edges that might give you an idea of why a SIP 404 is being returned.

Good luck,

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 17.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 01-25-2021 16:30
    Thanks Jim -

I can see the below invite in the wire-shark logs of AT&T. Is this Valid ?
    is "user=phone" parameter might be creating any issue ?

From: <sip:+1xxxxxxxxxx@68.xx.xxx.xxx;user=phone>;tag=gK0445a82b
    To: <sip:+1xxxxxxxxxx@test.byoc.mypurecloud.com;user=phone>

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

• 18.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2021 17:28
    The SIP INVITE should be above the From: and To: lines that you see in the wireshark trace.  It literally should start with "SIP INVITE".

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 19.  RE: BYOC Cloud Troubleshooting

Posted 01-25-2021 18:01
    Jim - Thanks for your response, issue got resolved..

We reached out to Genesys and it seems that Edges were not auto configured when we created External Trunk !

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources