Genesys Cloud CX

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Need skill to follow voicemail

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 12 days ago
    Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to share a method that will keep a skill with a voicemail message.  I am hoping to route voicemails to the agent with appropriate language skill and queue skill.
    I understand this has been suggested to the developers but would really like to be able to have this configured now so I do not need a separate queue for Spanish voicemails.

Thank you!
    Tina
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 12 days ago

If you send the call into the queue first, with the skills, and then via inbound flow route into voicemail, your skilling will be honored.

To do this, on the inbound flow I will use "set participant data" to do something like "Voicemail=Yes" and then a "get participant data" and decision around this value at the top of the inqueue flow to decide if I need to flip to voicemail before letting an agent even get alerted.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 11 days ago
    Hello,

Thanks so much for your suggestion.  I am very new to PureCloud and my attempt at this will be trial and error!

Tina

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 5 days ago
    Hi Brad,

All attempts I have made have failed. I am not a programmer so I do stumble around trying to create the steps you have suggested. Any thoughts on where I can find more information are a "dummy" tutorial to accomplish this?

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 5 days ago
    Hello Tina,

I have created a simple Inbound Call Flow to illustrate the steps to attach skills to Voicemails.

1 - In your Inbound Flow, use the Transfer to ACD action and select the Queue and the skill you are interested in

2 - Then, in your In-Queue Call Flow, use the Transfer to voicemail action

The call will be transferred to voicemail of current queue with the skill you specified previously in the Inbound flow.

Below, the Queue Performance view showing the skill attached to the interaction :

This is a really simple call flow I did on purpose to show you how it works. Of course, you can add more logic to it as Brad mentioned above to achieve your needs  by using Set Participant Data and Decision block ...

Let me know if you have any question and I'll let the community add more comments or add more suggestions :)

Kind Regards,

CHARAF

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France SASU

• 6.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 5 days ago
    Hi Charaf,

Thank you for help!  The issue I keep running into is that I need to evaluate a schedule group when the caller makes the selection for the queue.  On open, the caller goes into the queue to an agent that is a member with a language skill.  When the schedule is closed, the caller goes to voicemail. I cannot seem to get the skill to follow the call with the schedule check.

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 5 days ago
    I don't know if this helps but this is my current configuration.  I did attempt Brad's suggestions and all bazillion attempts were total flops :(

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 5 days ago
    Edited by Charaf Eddine Chemlal 4 days ago
    Hello Tina,

You can use the following in your Inbound Call Flow :

- Under each path of the Evaluate Schedule Group, you can use Set Participate Data to attach some data along the flow

- Then, in your In-Queue Call Flow, you can use Get Participant Data to check those data and make some decisions.

When the Evaluate Schedule variable equals to Open, then the call will be routed to agents in the Queue
    When the Evaluate Schedule variable equals to either Closed or Holiday, the call will be routed the the Queue Voicemail.

Below, the In-Queue Call flow design :

• First, you get the variable Evaluate Schedule
    • You check its value to see if it is open, closed or holiday
    • In the Decision block, I used the function Lower() to convert to lower case before comparing (of course this is optional, you can also use Task.Schedule == "Closed" or Task.Schedule == "Holiday")
    • If the CRC is closed, you add the Transfer to voicemail action (the interaction will inherit the same skill you attached in the Inbound flow).
    • if the CRC is open, the call will be routed to the agents in queue. In my example, I am playing  a HoldMusic Prompt and the position in Queue to the caller. You adapt this path to your need :)

I hope it does help and let me know if it is working as you expected.

Kind Regards,

CHARAF

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France SASU