Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Need skill to follow voicemail

• 1.  Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 11-23-2021 13:01
    Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to share a method that will keep a skill with a voicemail message.  I am hoping to route voicemails to the agent with appropriate language skill and queue skill. 
    I understand this has been suggested to the developers but would really like to be able to have this configured now so I do not need a separate queue for Spanish voicemails.

Thank you!
    Tina
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

GENESYS
    Posted 11-23-2021 18:50

If you send the call into the queue first, with the skills, and then via inbound flow route into voicemail, your skilling will be honored.

To do this, on the inbound flow I will use "set participant data" to do something like "Voicemail=Yes" and then a "get participant data" and decision around this value at the top of the inqueue flow to decide if I need to flip to voicemail before letting an agent even get alerted.

• 3.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 11-24-2021 15:54
    Hello,

Thanks so much for your suggestion.  I am very new to PureCloud and my attempt at this will be trial and error!

Tina

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 11-30-2021 13:51
    Hi Brad,

All attempts I have made have failed. I am not a programmer so I do stumble around trying to create the steps you have suggested. Any thoughts on where I can find more information are a "dummy" tutorial to accomplish this?

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 11-30-2021 16:58
    Hello Tina,

I have created a simple Inbound Call Flow to illustrate the steps to attach skills to Voicemails.

1 - In your Inbound Flow, use the Transfer to ACD action and select the Queue and the skill you are interested in

2 - Then, in your In-Queue Call Flow, use the Transfer to voicemail action

The call will be transferred to voicemail of current queue with the skill you specified previously in the Inbound flow.

Below, the Queue Performance view showing the skill attached to the interaction :

This is a really simple call flow I did on purpose to show you how it works. Of course, you can add more logic to it as Brad mentioned above to achieve your needs  by using Set Participant Data and Decision block ...

Let me know if you have any question and I'll let the community add more comments or add more suggestions :)

Kind Regards,

CHARAF

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France SASU

• 6.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 11-30-2021 17:29
    Hi Charaf,

Thank you for help!  The issue I keep running into is that I need to evaluate a schedule group when the caller makes the selection for the queue.  On open, the caller goes into the queue to an agent that is a member with a language skill.  When the schedule is closed, the caller goes to voicemail. I cannot seem to get the skill to follow the call with the schedule check.

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 11-30-2021 17:37
    I don't know if this helps but this is my current configuration.  I did attempt Brad's suggestions and all bazillion attempts were total flops :(

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 11-30-2021 18:21
    Edited by Charaf Eddine Chemlal 12-01-2021 02:54
    Hello Tina,

You can use the following in your Inbound Call Flow :

- Under each path of the Evaluate Schedule Group, you can use Set Participate Data to attach some data along the flow

- Then, in your In-Queue Call Flow, you can use Get Participant Data to check those data and make some decisions.

When the Evaluate Schedule variable equals to Open, then the call will be routed to agents in the Queue
    When the Evaluate Schedule variable equals to either Closed or Holiday, the call will be routed the the Queue Voicemail.

Below, the In-Queue Call flow design :

• First, you get the variable Evaluate Schedule
    • You check its value to see if it is open, closed or holiday
    • In the Decision block, I used the function Lower() to convert to lower case before comparing (of course this is optional, you can also use Task.Schedule == "Closed" or Task.Schedule == "Holiday")
    • If the CRC is closed, you add the Transfer to voicemail action (the interaction will inherit the same skill you attached in the Inbound flow).
    • if the CRC is open, the call will be routed to the agents in queue. In my example, I am playing  a HoldMusic Prompt and the position in Queue to the caller. You adapt this path to your need :)

I hope it does help and let me know if it is working as you expected.

Kind Regards,

CHARAF

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France SASU

• 9.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 12-07-2021 14:20
    Hi Charaf,

I built and rebuilt your suggestion several times to no avail.  My test calls disconnect instead of going to voicemail.  I can make this work where the skill stays with email if I remove the schedule check.

Thanks for you time!

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 03-25-2022 09:08
    Hi @charaf chemlal / community

We have currently implemented the same solution of attaching skills to voicemail interactions . In our inbound flow we did a transfer to a voicemail_queue and then in the inqueue we are using transfer to voicemail (target : queue) . But this is now problematic for us, as if any agent is staffed on this voicemail queue , he will get a live call as well!!

this will be an unexpected user experience as the customer will be almost ready to leave a voicemail but will be answered by an agent suddenly. 
    We could not find a solution to mitigate this so far .We thought of reducing the alert time to agent to minimal 0 or 1 (but currently not possible to keep anything less than 7seconds ) .We also tried by setting preferred agent routing on voicemail_queue  and in the architect tried to set the preferred agent as a dummy agent . But both are failing.  Any ideas on how we can turn this around?

I stumbled upon this post finding a solution to this problem .

Regards
    Garima.​

Garima Balodi
    Accenture Solutions Private Limited

• 11.  RE: Need skill to follow voicemail

Posted 03-25-2022 10:49
    Hi Garima,

In my opinion, I would suggest using the follwing to turn around this : 

- Create a dummy skill which will not be assigned to any agent in your organisation.
    - In your Inbound Call Flow, you can use this dummy skill in your Transfer to ACD block

- In your In-Queue Call Flow, use Set Skills action in order to assign a new skill to your interaction. In my case, I am going to replace the dummy skill by a new one (I took French in my example).
    For more information, you can check this link : https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-skills-action/

To do so, under toolbox/conversation, select Set Skills

- Switch to Literal mode instead of Expression
    - Then add item to add new skill dedicated for voicemail routing.

- Finally add your Transfer to Voicemail action to route the interaction to agents as a voicemail.

As you can see, under Performance/Queues Activity, we can see the skill got updated to French.

In Performance/Interactions section, we can check both skills for reporting purposes.

Another workaround :
    Keep in mid also that you can play with the Utilization under the people section by setting voice to 0, in this case agents won't be alerted for inbound calls.

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any question :)

Kind Regards,

Charaf

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Mentat Conseil SAS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources