Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Call Recording including customer through IVR

• 1.  Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-14-2020 08:10
    Hi there,

We have enabled call recording on the trunk. But with that, when a caller rings in, the entire call is recorded from as soon as they enter the IVR.
    We need the recording to only begin once the caller is speaking to an agent.
    Is it possible to enable call recording only once agent is connected?

Thanks!

#PlatformAdministration
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2020 09:20
    No. As you discovered, turning on recording on the trunk records everything, period. (You have to set up a policy which deletes the calls you don't want to keep.)

There's no setting to keep just the agent conversation part of the recording.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-16-2020 00:38
    Edited by Blair Wilkinson 02-16-2020 00:39
    Hello Marian

You may want to have a 'play-around' trying some config variations with enabling participant recording in Architect, this configuration is linked to the 'Consent Required' config on the Trunk where recording is enabled. 
     https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-participant-recording-action/

Enable Recording

Thanks and regards
    Blair Wilkinson
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 4.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-17-2020 04:44
    We also hope for improvements here. You might be interesting in voting for this feature requirement: 
    https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-266 (Configure Recording to not include IVR and/or in Queue)

Joel Hellman
    Hi3G

• 5.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-17-2020 07:32
    Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I have enabled Trunk Recording for all calls, and also enabled the 'Consent Required' indicator there.

Now in the IVR, I play some audio, then enable the participant recording, then ACD transfer. But when I check back on the Interaction recording, it still records participant-side even during the audios being played ? Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

Enable Participant Recording Call Flow

When I take out the "Enable Participant Recording" step there, and make a test call it correctly does not record any audio during the call.

Thanks,
    Marian

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 6.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 02-18-2020 10:10
    Correct. The entire call is recorded from the beginning no matter what when recording is enabled on the trunk. When you use the Consent Required option, the recording is either discarded at the end if the "Enable Participant Recording" action is not used, or the entire recording is retained/handled by Policies if the action is used.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-18-2020 12:13
    Ok, thanks, it makes sense now.
    Thanks for the info!
    - Marian

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 8.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-22-2020 01:15
    Hello Marian

I did some testing and when I used the "Enable Participant Recording" within a task just before transfer to ACD it did not record prior audio. However the task that had the "Enable Participant Recording" did not have any audio it, the IVR Audio was in the 'Starting Menu'. 

Add Participant Recording

Perhaps try having the audio in the Starting Menu (or in a separate Task) and adding the "Enable Participant Recording" to a separate Task in the flow along with the transfer to Queue? 

I also tried adding the "Enable Participant Recording" at the very start of the In-queue flow and it did not record the prior IVR, so this could be another option.

In both scenarios whatever happens in the In-queue flow is also recorded but at least the initial IVR Audio is not...

Thanks and regards
    Blair Wilkinson
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 9.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-28-2020 06:03
    Hi Blair,

Thanks very much - I'm going to put together a similar IVR flow. Will update the thread to let you know if i get the same behaviour.

Kind Regards,

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 10.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 03-23-2020 00:03
    Hi Marian,

Another option is to use the Secure Call Flow option. When the call comes in initially transfer it straight into the secure flow so no audio is recorded, but will allow you to see how long it takes for these interactions to be handled. If you combine that with a data action checking for agent availability in the queue to be transferred to you could only complete the transfer when an agent becomes available. As soon as the interaction is transferred out of the secure flow the recording would resume and the agent should answer.

It does restrict your ability to play announcements in queue.

Kind Regards 

Gareth

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 11.  RE: Call Recording including customer through IVR

Posted 02-17-2020 10:54
    I voted on the Idea!

Angel R.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources