Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Removing Voicemail

Posted 01-26-2022 15:05
    Hi,

We recently migrated to Genesys Cloud as our new Contact Center platform.

Is there a way for us to shut off the voicemail option for agents? We have a specific requirement to not have voicemail for one of our customers that we service.

Thanks,
    Judy
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Judy Heckbert
    NTT Canada

• 2.  RE: Removing Voicemail

Posted 01-26-2022 15:31
    Edited by Benyamin Ioffe 01-26-2022 15:32
    Hi @Judy Heckbert,

Per the following article:
    To receive voicemail, a user must have the Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive permission enabled.

You can just disable the above permission on a user level or you can disable it on a role level.

Thank you,
    Ben

This work is my own and is in no way associated/attributed to any current or former employer. I do advise testing any of the provided handler/logic in a DEV or non-PROD environment first before running it in a PROD environment.

• 3.  RE: Removing Voicemail

Posted 01-27-2022 09:02
    Thanks Ben,

I double checked that and we don't have any of the Voicemail Permissions added to the role we use for the agents but if an agent has a caller on the phone that wants to talk to a specific agent, today they just transfer the call directly. This is a specialized group that don't play by the same contact center rules. When this happens, you hear the system say XXX is not available or whatever that message is.

Judy Heckbert
    NTT Canada

• 4.  RE: Removing Voicemail

Posted 02-08-2022 08:37
    Hi Judy,

we have the same issue,

were you able to resolve this behavior?

Regards,

Alessandro Scocco

Alessandro Scocco
    Indra Italia spa

• 5.  RE: Removing Voicemail

GENESYS
    Posted 02-08-2022 14:28
    The issue of the error playing when voicemail is disabled is a known situation that Genesys considers an enhancement request to change.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-376

• 6.  RE: Removing Voicemail

Posted 02-08-2022 21:02
    Thanks Brad,

we found this behaviour so annoying but our customer is accepting it. I tip my hat towards them.
    we hope for a solution!

regards,

Alessandro Scocco
    Indra Italia spa

• 7.  RE: Removing Voicemail

Posted 02-09-2022 07:40
    I wish we found a solution but sadly none yet. Our client isn't as forgiving and this has become a huge issue now. I just find it very frustrating. When I have a phone with no voicemail I just wan it to ring or if I am busy for it to be busy. Patiently waiting and hoping this can be looked at soon.

Judy Heckbert
    NTT Canada

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources