Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Transfer Out with Post Call Processing

Posted 07-02-2020 08:55
    Not sure if this is possible, but I wanted to ask to see if there is something I may be missing.  

We are still using an external vendor for post call surveys.  The way this works is the agent themselves transfers the call to an external number, and they hear a prompt to enter their extension.  Once they do that, they transfer the call, and the caller is connected to the survey, which is linked to the user.

We are trying to automate as much of this as possible.  Ideally once the agent hangs up the call should then transfer out, but I am not sure if that is possible.  But at the least, we would like the agent to just transfer the call, and then automatically have the system enter in the agent extension (perhaps through an API), then the caller is brought back into the call to connect to the survey (and they would not hear that intro part.

Is something like this even possible?  Most of the info I see for transferring calls out pretty much end all of the call routing there, so I do not see a way to even pass DTMF tones to the transferred number automatically.  

I appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you.

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Daniel Kirshy

• 2.  RE: Transfer Out with Post Call Processing

Posted 07-07-2020 01:25
    I don't think Genesys will build this in, but they are working on some post-call data action stuff that could work.  Not sure what that will give us yet.  I know the only way I have done it is with a disconnect button that transfers to a Secure Flow for the survey and 3rd-party reporting.  I am working on getting that survey into the evaluation analytics, but have not succeeded so far - problem with user-context API to get around.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Transfer Out with Post Call Processing

GENESYS
    Posted 07-07-2020 09:51
    Daniel - I'm curious...are you agents instructed to let the customer know that the call will be followed-up with a survey or are the customers presented this information while waiting in the IVR (before they are connected to the agent?)  In either case (and I'm not saying this is a perfect solution), could you create an external contact for the agents to blind transfer the calls to when they are done with their work - rather than have them disconnect?  Basically change their workflow for any customer who as said 'yes, I'll take the survey?)

Just curious to the customer's experience here and thinking of ways you might be able to address this in the near term.  Robert is correct that we don't have a way to do this automatically today - but without setting up the scenario correctly to begin with - the success rate of these surveys is likely very low.

Let us know!

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 4.  RE: Transfer Out with Post Call Processing

Posted 07-07-2020 17:31
    I am in your boat Chris.  I find that agent transferred are skewed extremely to the positive and the after call voice surveys are skewed the other way, offering neither a good perspective.  I thinks this is for many reasons:

1. Agent transferred are usually the ones that the agents expects a good response and the others "get lost" in the transfer
    2. A customer who has spent time on the phone and got their issue resolved will be unlikely to spend more time on the phone answering questions
    3. Agents who have had poor conversations quickly learn the "mute until customer hangs up" method to not get a bad survey
    4. Agents who have had a good conversation are likely to encourage customers to stay on for the survey, and vice versus

I am sure there are many other reasons but when you give the customer time to read through the questions and let them answer on their own time, you will get a more well-rounded result.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Transfer Out with Post Call Processing

Posted 07-08-2020 09:50
    The optimum way we would like to have a survey is the caller is told not to disconnect and have the agent disconnect, then the call is transferred.  But the issue is that with Genesys Cloud if the agent disconnects the call is lost and cannot be transferred to a  Survey app.  While yes, there are different scenarios where an agent can control the types of calls which can get to the survey, we also have call recordings to help root out that type of agent behavior.  

With the Blind transfer option, the issue is that when we connect to the survey, we want to pass the agents extension, and that is not information the caller has.  So the process is the agent will transfer the call, enter their extension at the prompt, and then releases the call, which will then connect the caller to the survey.  This way the caller is not listening to this menu and entering of the extensions.  So if there is a way to automate it, so the extension is automatically passed, that would be ideal.  So the agent will transfer out to a flow of some sort, which will pull the agent extension, and then process the transfer.

Daniel Kirshy
    Anthem, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources