Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Contactable Timesets by State

Posted 08-04-2021 10:30
    Hi Genesys Community -
    We are a US based org and are trying to work around a dialer compliance issue. We use our outbound dialer from 8am - 9am ET. This presents a problem for customers located in Kentucky (also ET), whom we cannot start dialing until 10 am. I am trying to implement a fix for this issue but am currently stuck. Here's how I'm trying to go about fixing this issue:
    1) I've created a Action (for the Integrations portion of the Admin screen) to call the /api/v2/date API. 
    2) From there, I plan on creating a rule set in our outbound settings that says: 
    IF the customer has a state code of "KY"
    AND the current time is before 10 AM 
    THEN Do Not Dial
    ELSE Dial

I'm stuck trying to parse out the hour value from what is returned in the JSON payload from the API call. I've googled a bunch, but I'm not coming up with much. I'm also wondering if I'm going about this the wrong way, as I'm certain other customers in the US have intra-time zone, state-specific dialing time requirements.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

• 2.  RE: Contactable Timesets by State

Posted 08-05-2021 08:24
    Hi Community - 
    I was able to figure out the API/Action problem I was trying to solve. I'm waiting for some time with my dialer administrator to test the solution. Here is what I did in the translation map in the Response area of the Action:

{
    "translationMap": {
    "currentDate": "$.currentDate"
    },
    "translationMapDefaults": {},
    "successTemplate": "{\"currentDate\": \"$esc.jsonString(${currentDate.substring(12,14)})\"}"
    }

This solution isn't perfect, because it returns the current hour in UTC, so we still need to adjust for Daylight Savings Time, but this should be a solution for my org (barring any problems in testing.)
    If anyone has any better suggestions on how to solve my root problem - trying to configure callable timesets by state - please feel free to respond!

Thanks!

Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources