Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  E-Mail Notification

Posted 03-27-2020 10:55
    Hi guys,

Is it possible to create an automatic E-Mail Notification during the ACD process?
    So if a call comes in and no agent is available, the Callflow creates an automatic E-Mail with the ANI and the date when the call arrives.

Maybe somebody tried this before and can share some experience with me!

Thank you very much and stay healthy!

#ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Rafael Kaufmann
    NTT Germany AG & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: E-Mail Notification

Posted 03-28-2020 10:32
    Hi Rafael,

I have done this with email and SMS via web services data actions.

You'll have to decide when you want this to occur in the In-Queue Call Flow. If it's just when a call has been in queue for x seconds/minutes, you would just call a web services data action after hold time or custom prompts or whatever plays up until that time limit. If you actually want to check for agents on-queue or at least online, you would need to call a PureCloud Data Action to do that. It is pretty simple and I could explain the process of setting it up if needed. Depending on the response, you either call the web services data action or not. If you want to loop through several steps before checking and rely on a time, you can get the time the call entered the flow and compare it with the current time.

For the web services data action, you would need a web service that handles sending emails. You can call and email provider API directly or use something like AWS Lambda and use AWS SES. If you go that route, PureCloud has the ability to call Lambda functions directly (instead of using a web services data action) or you can use AWS API Gateway. I use API gateway with lambda functions, because I've been doing that since before the lambda function option was available. Depending on the compatibility, most REST APIs can be used with web services data actions, so you have options on how you build out your service or using an existing API from your provider.

Thank you,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources