Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

Posted 08-27-2021 11:12
    There has got to be a way to transfer to an IVR flow... but I can't find it.  Anyone know?
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Luke Kodanko
    Evolve Bank & Trust

• 2.  RE: How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

Posted 09-08-2021 12:02
    Hi Luke

Can you please describe the scenario of what you want to accomplish?

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 3.  RE: How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

Posted 09-08-2021 12:08
    Monique,

I'm thinking I have a call flow for calls of a certain type (let's say balance inquiries).  However, the customer hit 0 to talk to an agent.  The agent identifies that they should use the flow for balance inquiries that we've built in architect.  Currently the only way I know how to do that is to transfer to the outside line and hit the relevant option in the menu for balance inquiries.  Is there anyway within the Genesys soft phone to target the flow directly (I'm thinking by name?) instead of dialing the outside line?

Luke

Luke Kodanko
    Evolve Bank & Trust

• 4.  RE: How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

Posted 09-08-2021 12:20
    Gotcha
    What about something simple like a DID to that flow and create a transfer to balance inquiry contact?

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 5.  RE: How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

Posted 09-08-2021 12:24
    I'm trying to avoid using an outside number.  Is there anyway to do it with an "extension"?

Luke Kodanko
    Evolve Bank & Trust

• 6.  RE: How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

Posted 09-08-2021 16:24
    HI Luke

If you use a DID for this transfer that's part of your Genesys Cloud CX DID range, then it will be seen as an "inside" number and not go out via the PSTN.

You could look at putting together an agent script with a button that transfers to the number, or you could do a button that transfers to a secure flow, passing in any other information that the agent may have collected and populated on the script page prior to the transfer.  That way you could potentially do something like pass in the account # on behalf of the customer.  Your secure flow would then need to in turn call your normal IVR flow for doing the rest of your logic. You could also create a contact in your external contacts directory and name it something like "Balance IVR" with the number you've setup in your call routing to your architect flow.  

Now if that balance check is part of a larger IVR you'll need to have some logic in place to "bypass" certain levels of the IVR which could be as simple as a Data Table lookup and a Switch in Architect.  So essentially you'd have a set of DIDs that go to the call routing/flow, and within the flow lookup your data table then send them directly to other levels of the IVR as required, eg DID #1 goes to Balance, DID #2 goes to credit card payments etc.​​​

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

Posted 09-09-2021 11:12
    Vaughn, 

This is great thanks!

Luke

Luke Kodanko
    Evolve Bank & Trust

• 8.  RE: How do you transfer back to an IVR flow?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-09-2021 12:07
    I think you can transfer back to a callflow by using the format of <callflow_name>@localhost.  That naming pattern can be used to call a callflow for testing, so I'm pretty sure you can use it in transfers as well: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/test-a-flow/

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources