Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Plantronics Hub

• 1.  Plantronics Hub

Posted 11-20-2020 00:59
    I saw this in appfoundry but the "Firmware" button only takes me back to Plantronics website with no information. My Plantronics Hub doesn't give me to "Genesys" option for PureCloud. https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/c6d17782-a086-413c-a626-bf733aae221d

I also saw that from the Plantronics website,  Supported Softphones where PureCloud integration was developed by the "partner". I wonder if there is extra plugin need to be installed? along with Gensys Cloud Desktop Application + Plantronics Hub?

#Integrations

• 2.  RE: Plantronics Hub

GENESYS
    Posted 11-23-2020 12:33
    Daniel,

If you visit Poly's AppFoundry listing and click the Contact Us button, then Poly will be able to answer your questions about what is needed to get their headsets to work with Genesys Cloud.

------------------------------
    Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 11-30-2020 21:30
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for the note. I have done the same and been over a week now, haven't heard back from Poly. Is the Contact Us button actually alerted them?

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 4.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 11-30-2020 23:54
    Hi Daniel

What is not working when you try to use the Plantronics headset in Genesys Cloud?  Does the phone config setting show that the phone software is running?  I'm using a Plantronics headset (wired) and only have the Plantronics Hub installed.  I note the Poly website says the Hub software will show the softphone as an SDK-Enabled one.  So it's possible you won't actually see "Genesys" listed there but perhaps some other name based on it's integration through the browser.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-01-2020 00:37
    We have both the wired and wireless headsets, I need to ensure we are setting up the Plantronics Hub correctly with Genesys Cloud as per the information shown on both appfoundry and poly website.

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 6.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-01-2020 00:46
    What is not working currently
    • Genesys Cloud + Salesforce softphone doesn't work with wireless Plantronics headsets call control buttons on the device
    We have been testing the option to have both Genesys Cloud Desktop version + PlantronicsHub installed and running in the background. However, there was basically ZERO documentation to talk about the best practices configuring Genesys Cloud + PlantronicsHub.

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 7.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-01-2020 01:04
    I don't recall really having to do anything special - just installed the Hub software.  I did create a headset profile though - which I believe may be the step you're missing.  Create a headset profile pointing to the headset and save it - then see if it shows the headset software running and test it.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 8.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-04-2020 02:13
    I have submitted my enquiry again via AppFoundry, it said a response within 24 hours but I never heard back from Poly.. does it actually forward the message to Poly?

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 9.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-04-2020 02:17
    Did you create a profile?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 10.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-04-2020 02:31
    Hi @Vaun McCarthy, thanks for following up here. This is more a request than an issue, we are able to make it work by using Genesys Cloud Desktop App and Plantronics Hub, but we cannot select the correct softphone in Plantronics Hub like the photo presented in the Appfoundry. Not an urgent request but disappointing to not getting a response from a vendor who charged you to provides enterprise solutions. 

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 11.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-04-2020 02:34
    I wonder if the screen shots in AppFoundry are just lazy copying and you'll see the same screenshot in the Connect and other AppFoundry sites.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 12.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-04-2020 02:42
    I hope not, and if you check the supported softphone from Poly website, the most of the items match the picklist in my Plantronics Hub. (attached a screenshot of the actual interface)

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 13.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-04-2020 02:46
    Think you'll find that's what it is.  The "Genesys" in the screenshots refers to WDE in the Genesys Engage product, not Cloud.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 14.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-04-2020 02:52
    It's ok if this is the outcome so I can document it internally and close the case. Sadly the vendor is not responsive at all, maybe time for Jabra.

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 15.  RE: Plantronics Hub

GENESYS
    Posted 12-04-2020 11:49
    Daniel,

After some investigation, we realized that when Plantronics was purchased by Poly that during that transition their email address didn't get updated on their AppFoundry listing.  We just updated the address yesterday and the Contact Us button should now work.  Please submit your query to them via that mechanism and they will now reply.

Sorry for the trouble, but glad that you uncovered that for us and Poly.

Cheers,

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 16.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 12-09-2020 02:01
    Thanks for the update @Jim Crespino​ and looking into the issue. I did submit another one again after your last update but still haven't heard back from them after another 3 business days. I've submitted an enquiry directly via their support webpage.

Daniel Cheng
    Edith Cowan University

• 17.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 06-22-2022 19:27
    Just throwing another comment onto this thread for anyone looking at it.

• Genesys Cloud + Salesforce softphone doesn't work with wireless Plantronics headsets call control buttons on the device

In most cases embedded clients (e.g. Salesforce) don't support the use of the headset built-in controls.

Vaun McCarthy

• 18.  RE: Plantronics Hub

Posted 02-24-2023 22:53

Hi @Vaun McCarthy have you heard back agent mentioning they would hear beeping sound if they place the client on hold so they can consult with another internal resource?

Also, some agents mentioned that they would hear the beeping sound which doing ACW task. 

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources