PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

Posted 05-05-2008 18:20
    Hello! I am wondering if any consideration has been given to supporting other file formats besides .tsv for importing in the Volume and Headcount forecasting. Manipulation of the data is difficult in Notepad, and .tsv is not a supported file format for Excel, so this greatly inhibits the WF administrator's ability to manually manipulate the forecast data. Thanks! Jen

• 2.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

GENESYS
    Posted 05-05-2008 18:28
    If you do a Open in Excel and change the 'Files of type' selection to be 'All Files (*.*)' you should be able to open the .tsv file and the 'Text Import Wizard' should come up. You can then specify that it is 'Delimited' by 'Tab' and work with the file in Excel. When you save you will have to confirm that you want to keep the format rather than convert to the latest Excel format.

• 3.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

Posted 05-05-2008 18:30
    Just as a clarification, the help files state that you can also import from a .txt file; however, when I attempt to do so, I am receiving the attached error message. I can replicate this error on our Avtex production CIC system, as well as on a customer system. This error occurs even when you do the following: 1. Export a current volume forecast. 2. Open exported volume forecast .tsv file in Excel. 3. Save the volume forecast in .txt format. (with no modifications). 4. Attempt to import the .txt file. Thanks for your help!

• 4.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

GENESYS
    Posted 05-05-2008 18:34
    Saving it in Excel as txt probably strips the tab characters and invalidates the format. You can indeed import from a txt file, but it has to be the correct format.

• 5.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

Posted 05-05-2008 18:44
    Saving the file as Text (Tab delimited *.txt) is the only option in Office Excel 2007 for a tab delimited format. What do you recommend? Thanks! Jen

• 6.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

GENESYS
    Posted 05-05-2008 18:45
    It looks like Excel changes the End Of Line (EOL) characters on save even when no editing is done which invalidates the expected format. At this point I'd suggest opening a support ticket for that issue. As far as other formats, I'll have to defer to marketing. Nothing that I am aware of on the horizon as far as supporting additional input formats. Just too many other bigger things...

• 7.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

Posted 05-05-2008 18:55
    Thanks Jay! Do you mean an I3 support ticket, or with Microsoft? Jen

• 8.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

GENESYS
    Posted 11-26-2019 10:57
    With us as I believe we should be able to work with the format if the only difference is the EOL characters.

• 9.  RE: .TSV File Format for Forecast Export/Import

Posted 05-09-2008 17:48
    Thanks Jay! Sorry for the late reply. I was at AmFam this week. I will open a ticket with I3 Support. I actually have another one to open after my visit to AmFam anyway. No worries - it is a report issue. Nothing new for you! Jen

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources