PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  No Filters

Posted 09-02-2008 16:07
    I was testing the latest Marquee Update (2.400.2300.106) and I noticed that the filtering workgroup and queue stats have disappeared from the configuration options. Is this a new direction that Marquee is going in? If so, why? I found filtering stats a convenient way of getting the summarize stats I want without creating multiple packages.

• 2.  RE: No Filters

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 09-15-2008 12:35
    The purpose for filtering was written to reduce the amount of traffic between the Marquee server and the CIC server. Recently it was determine that it is better for Marquee server to receive updates from StatServer when they incur instead of requesting data from StatServer on a interval basis. The amount of data pulled when attempting to "filter" wasn't any less than not filtering at all from the perspective of statserver. Can you give a detailed listing of what filtering does for you that with it being gone is a hinderance? If it has to do with summarizing, what features would be helpful in the summarization of numerous workgroups if it was done by Marquee itself? Thanks, Michael

• 3.  RE: No Filters

Posted 09-19-2008 20:29
    I've attached a jpg of how one of my summarized packages runs with filtering and without filtering. My desired output is from the summary row of the With Filtering table. For most queues I'm only interested in the number of ACD calls and the talk times, because agents are in multiple queues and I don't want to double count them. I have some workgroups that have all the reps of that type in it (example: ALL_ECOMM_REPSWorkgroup). The filtering lets me create a summary of my Ecomm department without having to create 2 packages and blending them together and using the xsl transform to grab data from one package for some stats and the rest from the other package. I understand that it is possible to use the xsl files and blending packages together to create the same effect as filtering. But I found filtering to be simple and requires fewer packages for me to create the output I'm looking for. If it's not possible to add filtering back into Marquee in the IC Configuration Options like in 3.0.9, then can filtering be added to the Edit Packages screen?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources