PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Supervisor Alerts

Posted 12-19-2008 19:05
    I currently have the need to display custom alerts to agents using the Interaction Client. The functionality that exists currently allowing you to send alerts via "Interaction Supervisor" is exactly what I am looking for. The only problem is, I need to send this message from within a handler or other custom application (IceLib possibly?). I am unable to find out ANY information about this "popup" or "toast" functionality built into the .NET client. The only post I found where somebody was having the same issue as me was here. This post is from years ago and has no responses. I have "solved" my issue right now by using "Net Send" messages to the users' logged in desktops, but I am not pleased with this solution. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks! :)

• 2.  RE: Supervisor Alerts

Posted 12-22-2008 03:35
    How custom do you need the message to be. For example, you could create a dummy wg (no members), queue a call to it (from system) and setup supervisor to alert the clients when there was a call in that queue. Yes, it is a hack, for sure, but it might get you where you need to be. If you need a bunch of custom messages, this gets crazy fast.

• 3.  RE: Supervisor Alerts

Posted 12-22-2008 21:21
    The message will actually be dynamic based on values written in the database. So this solution will not work. Does anybody have any information on how these "toast" messages work? From what I can tell, some packets are sent to the client on some port and the packets are then used by Client to display the messages. If I can sniff the data, I suppose I can duplicate whatever it is Supervisor is sending, but that will be a real pain. I'm hoping there is a better solution out there.

• 4.  RE: Supervisor Alerts

GENESYS
    Posted 12-30-2008 22:22
    I asked Development if there is a way to send the equivalent of a Supervisor Message via handlers or ICELib, and they said there is not.

• 5.  RE: Supervisor Alerts

Posted 12-31-2008 05:58
    This would be a great enhancement request! enhancements@inin.com - send it in!

• 6.  RE: Supervisor Alerts

GENESYS
    Posted 12-31-2008 16:58
    I would recommend enhancement.requests@inin.com to make sure it gets to the right folks..I am not sure enhancements@inin.com gets to anyone...checking.

• 7.  RE: Supervisor Alerts

GENESYS
    Posted 12-31-2008 17:20
    I verified that enhancements@inin.com gets to the right folks, so either one will do.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources