PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  .Net Client Freezes when trying to add pages

Posted 01-12-2009 16:46
    Hello, We are running the .Net 2.4 I3 client on our workstations. Whenever our users attempt to add user User Queue pages to their I3 client, the client freezes up and becomes non resposive. The only way to start the client back up again is to forcefully end the service and restart the client again. The page is never added successfully to the client. Has anyone seen this behavior before and if so, is there a resolution? Client OS is windows XP. The users that are having the issues are some of our Systems Engineers and they don't have any permission / rights limitations. It's not a problem with other software installed on the machines b/c we have tried it on a freshly imaged desktop. It's also not an I3 user issue because it is also happening with a test user that we set up. Thanks, Josh

• 2.  RE: .Net Client Freezes when trying to add pages

Posted 01-12-2009 18:12
    what SU are you running? I am at SU29 and just added one without a problem. I do remember some problems, but those were SU12ish. (A long time ago).

• 3.  RE: .Net Client Freezes when trying to add pages

Posted 01-12-2009 18:58
    I'm pretty sure we are on SU32. Upgraded in October

• 4.  RE: .Net Client Freezes when trying to add pages

GENESYS
    Posted 03-06-2009 08:03
    Turning the Interaction Client log tracing to 100 and making the problem happen again may provide more insight.

• 5.  RE: .Net Client Freezes when trying to add pages

Posted 03-13-2009 21:06
    Anyone find resolution to this issue? I have a customer getting this exact same issue on SU33. I thought it was odd that I can only find a trace line that doesn't have an exit. So, it just hangs. All other functions are still going on in the logs and it appears to be getting stats and such. 14:13:05.685[320]UserSettings::[Enter] ProcessAddRemovePages

• 6.  RE: .Net Client Freezes when trying to add pages

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 03-31-2009 17:42
    I3 released an SU33 Engineering Special that fixes the problem - SU33-ES67148

• 7.  RE: .Net Client Freezes when trying to add pages

Posted 03-31-2009 20:28
    This is a known issue; SCR 67148 was opened to address the problem. Please contact I3Support to obtain the ES. Instructions to apply the ES: The ININ.ThinClient.Interactions.dll contained in the ES folder should be applied to any existing folders that already have this file within 'AutoClientUpdates' on the IC server. Once it has been applied, clients should be able to pull this update down once after a restart. Regards, Chilly

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources