PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  .Net Client forwarding question

Posted 01-13-2009 17:10
    One of our Systems Administrators is running Linux (Ubuntu) on his desktop and is also running an XP Virtual Machine on that desktop. He would like to use the I3 .Net 2.4 client which is installed on his XP VM to forward all of his calls to his Nortel phone on his desk. When we try to configure the remote number feature on his I3 client on the VM it doesn't work. When someone calls him, it either doesn't forward, or (when selecting the available, follow me option), it just goes to his voicemail from his Nortel phone. We can't figure out how to send all of his calls from the I3 client to the Nortel phone and have it ring. He is also a member of a workgroup so any calls that would come into the helpdesk group line would also need to ring on his nortel phone. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Josh

• 2.  RE: .Net Client forwarding question

GENESYS
    Posted 01-13-2009 17:23
    If it were me :) I would create a Remote Station type station, assign it the phone number someone would dial from IC to reach his Nortel phone, and set the station to Ring Always. Then, he would log into that station with the .NET Client (choose Remote Workstation in the station type, leave the phone number blank). Set his status to Available to receive calls. When he receives any call to his User extension (either someone calling the extension or as part of the workgroup) it should ring the Nortel phone and show up in the Client. Make sure you can dial the Nortel phone number from a station on Interaction Center and that it rings his Nortel phone fine without trying to call via the User extension/Client.

• 3.  RE: .Net Client forwarding question

Posted 01-13-2009 18:12
    I followed your instructions... I set up his workstation as a remote workstation in Interaction Administrator and assigned it the phone number of the nortel phone. I tried assigning it both just the internal extension of the nortel, and the external number. Either way, when the user logs into the machine with I3 and selects remote workstation, puts in the pc name and leaves the phone number blank, when someone calls his extension, the I3 client shows the popup for the incoming call, but his nortel phone doesn't ring. You can't pick it up on the I3 client (obviously) and when it rings for a while, it just goes to the voicemail of the Nortel phone. So, I know that it is trying to get to the Nortel phone, but it just isn't ringing. You can call the Nortel from any other Nortel, or I3 phone.

• 4.  RE: .Net Client forwarding question

GENESYS
    Posted 01-13-2009 18:15
    How is the IC server connected to the Nortel?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources