PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

• 1.  How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 09-21-2010 15:23
    Hi, folks. Anyone out there has some ideas on to get from Interaction Designer a list of the login IDs of ACD agents already logged in and ACTIVATED in a specific workgroup? I've been researching all the Designer tools without luck. The most i can get is the number of users logged in, but not a list of their login IDs, nor whether they're activated. My intention is to create a kind of dymamic queue agent activation algorithm, that depending on the number of agents logged in a queue, expected wait time of an interaction and customer defined tresholds, could activate and deactivate agents administered from a queue but deactivated at a said moment.

• 2.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 09-21-2010 19:33
    If I remember correctly, you have to go about this backwards by checking each agent individually. I've been wishing for this statistic for a long time... Submitted an enhancement request, etc.

• 3.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 09-21-2010 22:34
    So, would that imply having to check out the Agent Queue Activation History CIC log in real time from inside a handler? As the log is maintained in the database, i think the performance for the check would be less than ideal (that is assuming the log is updated in real time). Moreover, i think a double check to see if the agent is indeed logged in in the system should be performed. Not the best solution, by the way, but thank you anyway. Thanks

• 4.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 09-22-2010 12:06
    Actually, this information is tracked as live data in the registry/DS... \[site]\Production\Workgroups\[workgroup]\%Live~!~Data% It will have a list of "Active Members" that can be compared with the workgroup membership as a whole.

• 5.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-22-2010 12:53
    One other thing to mention - the users listed in the \[site]\Production\Workgroups\[workgroup]\%Live~!~Data% are the users who are not active, even though it says it's the ones who are active.

• 6.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 09-22-2010 15:31
    Originally posted by GGanahl;19053
    One other thing to mention - the users listed in the \[site]\Production\Workgroups\[workgroup]\%Live~!~Data% are the users who are not active, even though it says it's the ones who are active.
    Great. I guess this make the thing even funnier.

• 7.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 09-24-2010 12:40
    Workgroup Activation is only half-implemented, in my opinion. In the .NET client it's not even visible which agents are activated (was at least visible in the old Win32 client). In Interaction Supervisor all of the overview statistics include all logged in users, regardless whether they're activated or not. Which makes the alerts useless. And makes it impossible to display just a list of relevant agents for a supervisor or an agent on duty. The best you can do is try to sort on logged-in, status, activated in the correct order. Very painful. etc. I'm really hoping InIn will finish building Workgroup Activation in a future SU or core version. But what I really wanted to say was, I have a handler which does something similar to what you want. It returns the number of logged in and activated agents, but could easily be modified to return a list. It loops over all agents in the workgroup, and also uses the DS list mentioned in this thread. See attachment. Feel free to use it if it helps. Anthony

• 8.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 09-24-2010 13:04
    Originally posted by dysona;19088
    Workgroup Activation is only half-implemented, in my opinion. In the .NET client it's not even visible which agents are activated (was at least visible in the old Win32 client). In Interaction Supervisor all of the overview statistics include all logged in users, regardless whether they're activated or not. Which makes the alerts useless. And makes it impossible to display just a list of relevant agents for a supervisor or an agent on duty. The best you can do is try to sort on logged-in, status, activated in the correct order. Very painful. etc. I'm really hoping InIn will finish building Workgroup Activation in a future SU or core version. But what I really wanted to say was, I have a handler which does something similar to what you want. It returns the number of logged in and activated agents, but could easily be modified to return a list. It loops over all agents in the workgroup, and also uses the DS list mentioned in this thread. See attachment. Feel free to use it if it helps. Anthony
    Hi, Anthony. First of all, thanks a lot for sharing this handler. It sure will be of help to me and hopefully, others. Very appreciated indeed. Secondly, you made some great points in this post regarding CIC agent activation feature, and I support them 100%. Did you file an enhancement request for it? If so, and if you still keep the ER identifier provided by ININ Product Management and want to share it, i will file another ER stating my support for yours. Thanks.

• 9.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 10-04-2010 07:45
    It's taken a few days to find out the ER-number, because it was submitted on our behalf by an InIn consultant. ER-2817 In the current supervisor we only show a total number of agent which is logged in for a specific workgroup. For contact centers who use workgroup activation/deactivation this value isn't going to tell them anything as a bunch of the agent might be deactivated. As you can see, he has spoken only about the functionality of Interaction Supervisor in this ER. One could broaden it or add a second ER to request displaying activation status in Interaction Client. Thanks for your support. Anthony

• 10.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 10-04-2010 19:14
    Originally posted by dysona;19227
    It's taken a few days to find out the ER-number, because it was submitted on our behalf by an InIn consultant. ER-2817 In the current supervisor we only show a total number of agent which is logged in for a specific workgroup. For contact centers who use workgroup activation/deactivation this value isn't going to tell them anything as a bunch of the agent might be deactivated. As you can see, he has spoken only about the functionality of Interaction Supervisor in this ER. One could broaden it or add a second ER to request displaying activation status in Interaction Client. Thanks for your support. Anthony
    Thanks, dysona. I just filed an ER supporting yours. i've also reference this thread as other enhacenments to agent activation feature has already been discussed. I encourage anyone reading this that thinks this change could be useful to support your request, as well.

• 11.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 10-12-2010 20:17
    I love you guys! You helped me out too. I have a client that wants to send callers to the workgroup ONLY if someone in logged in and activated. Logged in was killing me! If you guys are at the partner conference I would love to give you a big hug! Brian

• 12.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 10-27-2020 08:37

Hi Anthony!!

I hvae the same problem about the get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users.

Please, can you helpme and sent me your handler??

Thanks and regards

------------------------------
    Sergio Fernández
    Team Vision S. A.
    ------------------------------

• 13.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 12-11-2010 19:34
    Originally posted by dysona;19088
    Workgroup Activation is only half-implemented, in my opinion. In the .NET client it's not even visible which agents are activated (was at least visible in the old Win32 client). In Interaction Supervisor all of the overview statistics include all logged in users, regardless whether they're activated or not. Which makes the alerts useless. And makes it impossible to display just a list of relevant agents for a supervisor or an agent on duty. The best you can do is try to sort on logged-in, status, activated in the correct order. Very painful. etc. I'm really hoping InIn will finish building Workgroup Activation in a future SU or core version.
    Just to follow up on this, today i learned ININ is going to add support to view users activation status in Client.NET directories in SU 11. The SCR that will be addressed is the following: IC-66552 Add ability to see other workgroup members activation An Activations button can be added to a directory page. Clicking the button brings up a list of users on any workgroup queue and shows the activation status of each user. Well, one step ahead..

• 14.  RE: How to get a list of logged in and ACTIVATED users for an ACD workgroup?

Posted 12-13-2010 07:54
    That's good news. I wonder what the release date is for SU11? We've been planning to update our SU6 system at the beginning of Feb 2011.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources