PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SoftPhone

Posted 09-23-2010 20:17
    has anyone been successful in implementing the softphone application, can't get softphone registered. Autoconfig not working, manual config, does not file info on the host.

• 2.  RE: SoftPhone

Posted 09-24-2010 13:56
    First off what version of CIC and SU are you on? We have the SIP soft phone running on CIC 3.0 SU 8 with a few really annoying issues.... but it works. To get this to work we had to create managed SIP soft phones in IA and then after installing the SIP soft phone client and the 3.0 client on the PC we were able to run through the setup wizard and we were good to go.

• 3.  RE: SoftPhone

Posted 09-24-2010 14:24
    yea like Mark said, give us some info and we can help the whole contact center is Sip soft phones. send the update and im sure we will be able to help you figure it out thanks MM

• 4.  RE: SoftPhone

Posted 03-04-2020 18:22
    Edited by Minh Tran 03-04-2020 18:21
    Hi Mark

We are running 3.0.19, so soft phone is supported right? is there a document on how to configure it?  does it require any license?

We are planing for WFH situation.

Thanks
    Minh

• 5.  RE: SoftPhone

Posted 03-05-2020 10:27
    Minh,

It's been a long time since I worked with a 3.0 system but I'm pretty sure there was a SIP soft phone in that version. Have you looked at the IC User Apps installation package to see if there is a SIP soft phone option installation component? If I remember correctly there is no additional license required other than the basic station license to get the phone to register. If I remember correctly SU 19 was pretty buggy for me, you may want to see about getting a more recent SU as well.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 6.  RE: SoftPhone

Posted 03-12-2020 18:25
    Edited by Minh Tran 03-12-2020 18:25

Thanks Mark
    We have managed to install the soft phone but could not provision, error  "The host cannot be reached."
    Automatic discovery option is grayed out.

Could have something to do with this, browsing to the cic server on  port 8088, we are getting

ININ Provisioning Server

404: Page Not Found

The page / cannot be found on this server.

Any thoughts on what could be  the issue here?

Thanks

Minh Tran

• 7.  RE: SoftPhone

Posted 03-13-2020 15:06
    Do you have a VPN set up? Can you ping the IC server from the client machine? If you want to use Autoprovisioning, is your client machine getting a DHCP Option 160 with a usable link to the IC Server?

• 8.  RE: SoftPhone

Posted 03-31-2020 20:04
    Hi Paul
    Yes, no issues with DNS and connectivity
    We gave up and are using remote station
    Regards,
    Minh

Minh Tran

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources