PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CCXML Support In CIC 3.0?

Posted 10-29-2010 03:41
    Hello, Anyone know if CCXML is supported in CIC 3.0? If not, any plans on the product road map to support it? I've checked Designer and see nothing pertaining to CCXML. Thanks in advance for any help! Peter

• 2.  RE: CCXML Support In CIC 3.0?

Posted 10-29-2010 08:27
    Hi Peter, It seems that this is a brand new standard (April 2010) http://www.w3.org/TR/ccxml/ so I don't think you would find anything yet in the IC 3.0 product or previous versions as those where released before this standard was set. The best place to ask a question like this would be the Product Marketing department I would try ProductMarketing at inin dot com to get an answer, or call their support and raise a case for it.

• 3.  RE: CCXML Support In CIC 3.0?

Posted 10-29-2010 09:56
    CCXML has been a "de facto" standard for some time now and implementations from different industry vendors has been available for some years. In the last partner conference, i was able to talk with Mark Kowal, ININ Product Manager for Speech applications and we talked a bit about this. He told me that, for now, they haven't seen enough demand from customers nor partners to made them think about adding native CCXML support to the CIC platform. After all, CCXML is just a sort of CTI (XML enabled). Advantages are a pretty straightforward integration with VoiceXML based applications and both them complementing each other quite well.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources