PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WebChat - Client is Alerting, no Interaction client/server gets notified

Posted 01-06-2011 16:32
    Would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on how to proceed with troubleshooting the following problem. Trying to get example DHTML Webchat working IC 3.0. When clicking on "Interact" button on /I3Root/default.htm page, chat window launches, proceeds to connect and goes into "Alerting" status. Unfortunately My Interaction client for the particular queue never gets notified about a chat request. I've verified my webserver has an established connection over port 3508 to our phone server using the "netstat -an" command. I've tried using variations on the name of the queue I specify to the chat client, latest variation that I believe should work for queue name "Workgroup Queue:Customer Relations". One thing that makes me think something might not have been configured/installed correctly on the phone server is that I cannot find a "Webservices Container" in the Interactive Administrator program on the phone server. This "Webservices Container" is referenced in the documentation pdf (ic_installing_and_using_web_services.pdf) we've been given here:
    Configuring Parameters in Interaction Administrator After installing IC Web Services, the Web Services container appears in Interaction Administrator. In that container you can configure the following required and optional Chat parameters.
    Any suggestions on where I might continue to trouble shoot this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

• 2.  RE: WebChat - Client is Alerting, no Interaction client/server gets notified

GENESYS
    Posted 01-06-2011 16:48
    Have you checked the license on the IC server to verify it contains the Web Services feature license?

• 3.  RE: WebChat - Client is Alerting, no Interaction client/server gets notified

Posted 01-06-2011 16:51
    Hi George - thanks for the reply. Our support rep says our license includes web services. But to double check, how could I check the license on the server myself? Jason

• 4.  RE: WebChat - Client is Alerting, no Interaction client/server gets notified

GENESYS
    Posted 01-06-2011 16:58
    In Interaction Administrator, File menu, License Management. On the Features tab look for I3_FEATURE_WEB_SERVICES. Also, make sure the web server has had the correct IC SU applied, to match the SU level on the IC server.

• 5.  RE: WebChat - Client is Alerting, no Interaction client/server gets notified

Posted 01-06-2011 17:03
    Great Help George! That must be our problem. Our features tab does not list I3_FEATURE_WEB_SERVICES. I'll talk to our support Rep to fix. Very much appreciate your help. Jason

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources