PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to get a Variable from attendant or handler to IPA

Posted 07-11-2011 21:51
    Hi, We want to implement like a call comes into the handler and when it reaches the agent to initiate a process in IPA with phone number populated in the field. So the agent will get all populated value in their work item. And from there we can route the process through several work item. The main Idea is to pre-populate all the value if he is an existing customer. Please advice how I can achieve this. Thanks for all your help. Thanks Karthik

• 2.  RE: How to get a Variable from attendant or handler to IPA

Posted 07-13-2011 01:42
    You will want to hook into an appropriate place in the ACD handlers to initiate your process. I put my code in CustomAcdProcessCall_AlertSuccessful, but YMMV. You will then use the "Create PA Data" toolstep (I pass in the output of UniqueID as the PADataName to guarantee no collisions). Use a "Put PA Data Element" toolstep to add as many variables as you want. For example: if you have a variable in IPA named Process.String1, passing "String1" in as the Element Name will make Process.String1 get whatever you put in the value field. Then, use "Get Process Properties" to get the Process ID and finally, "Initiate Process" using the Process ID, and the PAData Name - make sure you have something in there for the Initiator Name, but it probably won't get used, so pass in the user id of the person that it should be assigned to as one of the variables as well. If you do this right, the Process should alert immediately after the call is picked up.

• 3.  RE: How to get a Variable from attendant or handler to IPA

Posted 07-13-2011 20:20
    Hi, Thank you for the post. I will test this today and let you know the details. Do we need to pass "InteractionID" as the "UniqueID" in the "Create PA Data" as a "PA DATA NAME" to avoid collision? I appreciate your help. Thanks Karthik

• 4.  RE: How to get a Variable from attendant or handler to IPA

Posted 07-18-2011 23:52
    Hi, I am able to get the data from Handler to IPA. Now I will try to send data from IPA to handlers. Thank you Very much for your help. Thanks Karthik

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources