PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Running .NET Client on Windows 7 64bit

Posted 08-26-2011 14:55
    We are currently running CIC 2.4 and are in the process of deploying new workstations to replace our current XP workstations. I understand that Win7 64 bit is unsupported for the 2.4 platform, however it runs with no issue at all, as long as the domain account logged into the workstation is a member of the local machine's Administrators group. No other groups are able to run the .net interaction client. due to a C++ runtime error. I have already enabled the interaction client to run as administrator for all users (under the compatibility tab on the .exe properties), completely disabled the UAC and provided modify access to all I3 directories on the workstaion. Aside from making all users on my domain a local workstation admin, has anyone else ran across a solution for running the .NET client as standard user ?

• 2.  RE: Running .NET Client on Windows 7 64bit

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 08-26-2011 15:08
    I posted a possible solution here: http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?5625-IC-Client-Windows-7-non-admin-user-account-issues Setting the "Global Objects" security policy configuration should get you what you want.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources