PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Client DDE API vs Interaction Client Programmable Add-in API

Posted 11-17-2011 21:11
    I am starting to explore software development for Interaction Client. I came across two options for this: DDE and Programmable Add-in. I apologize, but I currently do not have access to ININ.InteractionClient.AddIn.chm, and I can't seem to find the desired information through Google and these forums, but I would appreciate help from the community with my questions below. 1. DDE is free and does not require a license. Is Programmable Add-in free as well? 2. Will DDE be supported in CIC 4.0? 3. Aside from no DDE support with .NET, what should a developer consider when choosing either API? Is one necessarily better than the other for certain situations? Thanks in advance, Sean

• 2.  RE: Interaction Client DDE API vs Interaction Client Programmable Add-in API

Posted 11-18-2011 15:09
    If I remember, this was a .Net plugin offered by PSO. Ask your sales person to talk to that team. Stephen Huber at ININ would know.

• 3.  RE: Interaction Client DDE API vs Interaction Client Programmable Add-in API

Posted 11-21-2011 22:17
    Interaction Client Programmable Add-in is free as well as DDE is. No extra licenses needed. Due to a little bug in the Client installation, the the AddIn.chm help file you mentioned is not installed by default. However you can request it from your VAR or ININ support. DDE is an ancient (and quite limited) technology. IC Programmable Add-in is the new Client.NET "easy" integration way ININ has come up and is available from SU 8 / SU 9. Definitely is the way to go. I cannot think something that DDE does that cannot be done using the add-in mechanism. For a quick but useful primer on the Add-in architecture, i suggest you to go through this article http://blog.inin.com/tech/so-what-can-i-do-with-an-interaction-client-add-in/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ININ-TechLounge+%28The+Tech+Lounge%29

• 4.  RE: Interaction Client DDE API vs Interaction Client Programmable Add-in API

Posted 03-31-2014 15:07
    I know this thread is old, but for those who might still be interested - the developer portal at inin.com have both a quick and technical references that provide good information on Interaction Client Add-in API for CIC 4.0.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources