PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remote number doesn't ring

Posted 03-22-2012 10:53
    I am logged in through my remote number (my mobile), but when a call comes, it only rings my PC and not the phone. Why is this? Is this normal? can somebody please advise?

• 2.  RE: Remote number doesn't ring

Posted 03-22-2012 13:05
    It should ring your PC, then when you click on answer it should ring your phone

• 3.  RE: Remote number doesn't ring

Posted 03-23-2012 12:56
    You are probably looking for the Remote Workstation function that will ring the remote number when rhe user is alerted. You have to create the remote workstation first before you can log into it.

• 4.  RE: Remote number doesn't ring

Posted 03-29-2012 07:01
    Thanks for the response. the problem is, when a call comes in, it alerts the user on the computer, and the user clicks on the pickup button. Ideally, if my understanding is right (please pardon me if I wrong or the question is beat to death, I am new to CIC) the phone must ring once the user has clicked the pick up button. But the user complains that even though she clicks the pick up button, the phone still doesn't ring, however, this is very intermittent, like 1 in 100 calls. Any advise? Many thanks

• 5.  RE: Remote number doesn't ring

Posted 03-29-2012 17:11
    You might check the Answer Timer for the user and global station. If the default of 15 seconds, that might not be enough to alert the remote agent, for them to hit pickup, the system to initialize the call and for the user to pickup the ringing phone.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources