PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 02-10-2012 15:55
    Hi, I think if the user has to shut down the client computer without a logout operation, and want to change the status of the log out to force the user of that computer. Do you have any way? SU13 Regards,

• 2.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 02-11-2012 06:04
    I believe that if you shutdown the computer, the .Net client should exit out and in doing so log the user out. If the user does a sleep or hybernate, that is not the case. I suggest using power management to put the computer to sleep after 30 or 45 min and the Auto-status changer. Train users to lock their computers when they walk away from their computers and use the status changer to put the in an away from desk mode. Power management could then shut down the computer after an hour or so.

• 3.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 02-13-2012 02:15
    Hi Robert, I think I want to achieve, when the user shuts down the Client Computer without a logout operation. NET Client, is to log out automatically from the server. It's best if it somehow becomes the handler. . . Power Management and Auto-Status Changer is an environment that can not be used (change). Do you have any examples? Regards;

• 4.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

GENESYS
    Posted 02-13-2012 02:47
    I think you need to define a bit better what you mean by "log out". By definition, when the client shuts down it logs the user out of IC (as Robert indicated). If the Client is not running, a user is not logged in, as seen in Interaction Supervisor or the Company Directory Status "Logged In" column. It sounds more like you are asking how to change the user status to Something other than Available when the computer shuts down, is that correct? You can run a timer-based handler which checks whether a user is logged in, checks the status, and changes the status as appropriate. You would have to loop through all the Users you are interested in. I don't have time to give details, unfortunately...

• 5.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 02-14-2012 00:53
    ... that there is more than one way to log into the system. Not only could a user make use of the .Net client, but a web-based client, the TUI, etc. In other words, it is very possible to be logged into the system without even having a desktop client running. I agree that a timer-initiated custom handler application is probably the best solution.

• 6.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 10-11-2012 16:05
    dcurrier, How can a user be logged into the system without using the interaction client? I've been looking for a way to do that.

• 7.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 10-11-2012 16:39
    This is one of the options in the TUI (telephone user interface). Check out the Extended Menu in the Default Attendant profile. I believe a user would dial * (to reach the default profile), then 9, 8 ext, pwd, # to log in/out of the workstation they are dialing from.

• 8.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 10-11-2012 17:14
    Thanks, that just solved 3 problems for me. My partner claimed that it couldn't be done. :rolleyes:

• 9.  RE: Automatic logout after computer shutdown

Posted 02-13-2012 02:46
    Hi Robert, I think I want to achieve, when the user shuts down the Client Computer without a logout operation. NET Client, is to log out automatically from the server. It's best if it somehow becomes the handler. . . Power Management and Auto-Status Changer is an environment that can not be used (change). Do you have any examples? Regards;

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources