PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to create a new directory?

• 1.  How to create a new directory?

Posted 07-25-2012 17:32
    Hi everyone, I'm trying to find out how to create another directory so that it would show up under Options->Pages->Direcotry->General Directories. We'd like to setup a few more public directories with external numbers, so I dont want to use (I dont think I can) another workgroup. I found nothing in the ICAdmin help text, and I cant seem to figure out where the system is looking for the "IC Public Contacts" and "Company Directory". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dmitry. [ATTACH]510[/ATTACH]

• 2.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 07-30-2012 10:56
    This feature is not very well documented, and I really think Interactive should spend some minutes updating the documentation. From trial and error I found out that this procedure works: - Create a new table that looks exactly like the "Contacts"-table. - Open "Contact Data Manager" -> "Contact List Sources" and create a new entry. IC Data Source: "IC Contacts" Label: "(whatever you want)" Driver: "IC Contacts" And the most important! Additional Information: "TABLE=<your new contacts table name>;" i.e:TABLE=OtherContacts; - Go into your client and enable it. Thats it! By the way, if your new contacts-table is in another database you will have to create a new data source in "IC Data Sources". Specify this data source instead of "IC Contacts".

• 3.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-01-2012 22:20
    MrGF, This worked like a charm! You definitely rock!! Thanks so much! Dmitry.

• 4.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-07-2012 01:04
    MrGF, I think i may have spoken too soon. I see the new directory now, but neither I (as an admin) nor anyone else is able to make changes (add records) to the directory. Any thoughts? Did i miss something? Dmitry.

• 5.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-08-2012 14:01
    That is strange, I can both write and update from the client. (I am running CIC 3.0) But I have heard that in 4.0 you can set access right for each directory. What version are you using?

• 6.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-08-2012 15:30
    We're on 3.14.

• 7.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-09-2012 14:19
    Hmmm, I am on 3 su13. I just created a new list called TestContacts. This is how it looks like. [ATTACH]515[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]516[/ATTACH] May be "ReadOnly" is check on the data source or database user has no write access? But then the normal "Contacts" would not work...

• 8.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-09-2012 17:10
    I just verified, and my settings are already exactly as you show it. Still not working:(

• 9.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-14-2012 15:06
    Sorry I have not replied. I have been away and not able to test. I dont think I can help you any more. I have testet my method on 3 different CIC servers and it works every time. I suggest you open a support incident with ININ.

• 10.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 08-14-2012 16:13
    I actually figured this out yesterday, with assistance of our partner. The solution is ofcourse very simple. Administrator -> User->Security tab->User Rights-> DIRECTORY ADMIN (CHECK). Once i checked this box the users are now able to create entries, change them, delete them, etc.

• 11.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 02-21-2013 09:02
    Originally posted by Dmitry;26227
    I actually figured this out yesterday, with assistance of our partner. The solution is ofcourse very simple. Administrator -> User->Security tab->User Rights-> DIRECTORY ADMIN (CHECK). Once i checked this box the users are now able to create entries, change them, delete them, etc.
    Thanks for the above. Has anyone managed to upload via SQL a txt or excel file into the new DB? I have a list of over 4000 contacts that I want to upload. When I import the file on one entry appears? Any scripts or tips? Thanks Blaired

• 12.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 02-21-2013 14:31
    I was able to load data into the table with a SSIS package years ago but I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work. If I remember correctly I had to mess around with the ID column and access column to get the contacts to show up correctly. I think I created an entry in the table by inserting the row via Interaction Client and then incrementing the ID field by 1.

• 13.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 02-21-2013 14:45
    Originally posted by MarkT;27637
    I was able to load data into the table with a SSIS package years ago but I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work. If I remember correctly I had to mess around with the ID column and access column to get the contacts to show up correctly. I think I created an entry in the table by inserting the row via Interaction Client and then incrementing the ID field by 1.
    Hi I've been using MS SQL Studio Express import tool. Contacts in a csv file. I've noticed the ID and this is where I am getting unstuck. If I put in the number 1 for example it accepts the new entry and the upload completes. But if i want to add more than one entry it doens't work. So my ID increases by one 5, 6 ,7 etc. Despite this one line is imported????

• 14.  RE: How to create a new directory?

Posted 02-22-2013 15:05
    Try adding entries to the contact list from the Interaction Client. Once you get an entry or 2 in the contact list you should see the format of the ID column, for us they are 22 digits in length. It looks like the first 8 digits are YYYYMMDD and the last 14 must be some sort of unique identifier. In my current contact list the last 5 digits seem to increment from 10000 up by 10,000 at a time (i.e. 10000, 20000, 30000). After you get an example or 2 in the ID column try modifying the ID value a bit to see if you can get some additional entries to show up in the client.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources