PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Default Reschedule Date

Posted 03-11-2013 17:08
    Good day, First, I should say that new to easy scripter. So, I'm trying to figure out how to update the default date on the reschedule call control without having to edit all scripts daily. Is there an easy way to update those? So far the only thing I can think of is updating the database entries daily and I don't trust myself that much. Thanks

• 2.  RE: Default Reschedule Date

Posted 03-12-2013 10:34
    Hi, In the new version of EasyScripter 4.0 there will be a javascript function call that can be put into a calculation field in the script that will handle this for you. If([date] = '') { [date] = TodaysDate('mdy'); } This will populate the reschedule control with todays date if its blank and you can state the date format using dmy, mdy or ymd etc. However this in built function will only be available in the new version However in the meantime you can add your own function to your custom.js file in your lib folder inside the root of the EasyScripter web files and it would work the same: The code you would need to add to your custom.js file is below. function CustomtodaysDate(format) { if (format == '' || format == null) format = 'dmy'; dateString = ''; today = new Date() day = today.getDate(); if (day < 10) { day = '0' + day } month = today.getMonth() + 1; if (month < 10) { month = '0' + month } year = today.getFullYear(); switch (format.toLowerCase()) { case 'dmy': dateString = day + '/' + month + '/' + year; break; case 'mdy': dateString = month + '/' + day + '/' + year; break; case 'ymd': dateString = year + '/' + month + '/' + day; break; default: dateString = day + '/' + month + '/' + year; break; } return dateString; } Inside your scripts you can then add the following to a calculation field on the reschedule page where [Date] is your reschedule control. If([date] = '') { [date] = CustomTodaysDate('mdy'); } Hope that helps? Kevin

• 3.  RE: Default Reschedule Date

Posted 03-12-2013 14:04
    There is an option in the ININ Reschedule Date control to "Default to current Date". This will do exactly what you want. When the control in the script loads it will set the date to whatever "today" is. [ATTACH]548[/ATTACH]

• 4.  RE: Default Reschedule Date

Posted 03-12-2013 16:48
    Kevin, When is Easy Scripter 4.0 going to be released? We are ready for it now!

• 5.  RE: Default Reschedule Date

Posted 03-14-2013 08:44
    Originally posted by TARDIS;27720
    Kevin, When is Easy Scripter 4.0 going to be released? We are ready for it now!
    Hi, I am sorry as an employee of CallScripter we do not set the release dates for the EasyScripter product I will have to leave that to an Interactive employee to answer. It is coming though :)

• 6.  RE: Default Reschedule Date

Posted 03-14-2013 13:50
    Thanks Kev, that's what I was looking for, even if the solution is a little to much javascript-y to my taste. As for the default date, our issue is that the agents tend to forget to change the date so they end up right on top of the dialing queue with a date is in the past. Happened at least 3 times in the last few days and I'd like to be able to blame the agents but I'm unable to find concrete evidence.

• 7.  RE: Default Reschedule Date

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 03-15-2013 12:57
    Originally posted by callscripterkev;27733
    Hi, I am sorry as an employee of CallScripter we do not set the release dates for the EasyScripter product I will have to leave that to an Interactive employee to answer. It is coming though :)
    A limited release of EasyScripter 4.0 will be out this month with an additional release in Q2.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources