PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Abandoned calls in User Productivity Report

Posted 04-09-2013 21:03
    Hi Community, I'm looking at a User Productivity Summary and wonder how a call could be abandoned at the user level? I expected to see abandoned calls in the Queue report, but if you could provide insight as to how a call can be abandoned once answered by a user, I'd appreciate it! Thanks

• 2.  RE: Abandoned calls in User Productivity Report

Posted 07-14-2014 05:01
    Its an important thing because at a stage productivity does matter and we can surely move ahead on it. Knowing the costumer needs what the want and work according to that is something which is actually necessary and at the same time understanding on how we can move towards improvement is like the base of it.

• 3.  RE: Abandoned calls in User Productivity Report

Posted 07-28-2014 20:45
    Originally posted by Baruch;30963
    Its an important thing because at a stage productivity does matter and we can surely move ahead on it. Knowing the costumer needs what the want and work according to that is something which is actually necessary and at the same time understanding on how we can move towards improvement is like the base of it.
    I'm not exactly following your logic here Baruch. The customer need is already identified by which queue the customer has selected, or which self-help option they have chosen in the IVR. An abandoned call on an agent level is something to me that is irrelevant to measure. Keep in mind that my definition of an abandoned call is one that never reaches an agent in the first place. From what I've seen from logs from our I3 system I would say that the system assigns an agent to a call slightly before the agent actually answers the call, so i might see where you can see an abandoned call attached to an agent.

• 4.  RE: Abandoned calls in User Productivity Report

GENESYS
    Posted 07-28-2014 21:18
    I'm not sure how Baruch posted as a Guest. I deleted it as spam. Basically, once the ACD subsystem selects an Agent to receive a call, that call will show as an Abandon for that agent if the caller hangs up before the agent answers. If you have your agents set to auo-answer ACD interactions, you should not be seeing abandons since the call doesn't spend time in Alerting. Theoretically, it could happen, I guess, but only on very rare occasions when a caller disconnects during the split second between the ACD subsystem selecting an agent and the call connecting on the agent's phone. That could potentially come into play as well when you have a customization in the CustomACDPreAlert handler that delays getting the call to an agent. Anyway, you usually only see Abandons on the User Productivity reports when the agents are not set to auto-answer, to the best of my knowledge. On the User Productivity Summary, for example, you can see a column for Offered (how many calls were sent to that agent), Answered (how many actually went Connected for that agent), Abandoned (how many went to Alerting but never Connected), and Flow Outs (grabbed by a Supervisor, for example, while still Alerting). Another potential source of Abandons on that report would be an agent seeing a call in Alerting and clicking the Disconnect button instead of picking up the call.

• 5.  RE: Abandoned calls in User Productivity Report

Posted 08-28-2014 16:05
    I'd like to find the interaction ids for abandoned calls. Where can these be found?

• 6.  RE: Abandoned calls in User Productivity Report

Posted 08-29-2014 03:46
    We can only hope that abandoned call reports will be standard in the product at some point. I have been asking for 6 years now. Until then, you can purchase the abandoned call handler on marketplace and have a report generated daily or when it happens. It will even create callbacks. Here is the link https://marketplace.inin.com/App/Details/304d3345-182f-473d-9c6e-64e0e7efc1f8

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources