PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Load Storm / Test?

Posted 11-28-2012 16:56
    Some of our SIP stations (no rhyme or reason) tend to lose connectivity when when we have more than 75 calls waiting in queue. We think it's possible to fix this problem, but due to the nature of our business we only receive this amount of call activity within a 1-month span of time...making it challenging to notice a problem thru the other 11 months in order to troubleshoot and test. Is anyone aware of a way to perform a "load storm" and test sort of a mock-up of the increased activity? Something that'd mimic or make a plethora of calls to test the pbx system without actually needing real callers on the line? I think being able to perform this kind of a test would be extremely helpful... thank you!

• 2.  RE: Load Storm / Test?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2012 17:16
    Interactive Intelligence has a SIP Bulk Caller for this very purpose. You'd have to buy a license to run it after downloading the Bulk Caller software.

• 3.  RE: Load Storm / Test?

Posted 11-28-2012 17:28
    That's awesome to hear! I'll look into it! Thank you!!
    Originally posted by mrosenquist;27209
    Some of our SIP stations (no rhyme or reason) tend to lose connectivity when when we have more than 75 calls waiting in queue. We think it's possible to fix this problem, but due to the nature of our business we only receive this amount of call activity within a 1-month span of time...making it challenging to notice a problem thru the other 11 months in order to troubleshoot and test. Is anyone aware of a way to perform a "load storm" and test sort of a mock-up of the increased activity? Something that'd mimic or make a plethora of calls to test the pbx system without actually needing real callers on the line? I think being able to perform this kind of a test would be extremely helpful... thank you!

• 4.  RE: Load Storm / Test?

Posted 01-10-2013 17:34
    Originally posted by mrosenquist;27209
    I'd be willing to bet that QoS is not setup properly on your network.

• 5.  RE: Load Storm / Test?

Posted 01-11-2013 00:19
    QoS testing can be run remotely for a reasoable fee.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources