PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to disable the VM Box name prompt

Posted 06-10-2014 08:11
    Gentlemen, I'm trying to create an IVR flow where the customer can select an option and get himself re-directed to a VM box. I'm using a dummy user as the host to receive these voicemails; however, on the IVR, when the caller selects the desired option to get re-directed to the VM box, it speaks out the VM box name and the ext. - is it possible to disable this option? So, for e.g.; when a customer calls in and selects the option to get redirected to the VM and lets say I'm using my user account to receive the VM, it speaks out my username 'SantoshBanerjee' (for say) followed by my ext., and then says, "Please leave a message after the tone, when you're finished, press 1 for more options" - my question is, is it possible to restrict the system from saying my user name and ext out loud to the calling customer? Please advise! Thank you in advance, Santosh

• 2.  RE: How to disable the VM Box name prompt

Posted 06-10-2014 13:39
    The quick way around this is to set up a dummy workgroup with a mailbox and then use the transfer to voicemail operation in attendant to send to the voicemail of the dummy workgroup.

• 3.  RE: How to disable the VM Box name prompt

Posted 06-11-2014 15:39
    Would have to test to be certain (I also usually use the workgroup option), but you may be able to record personal prompts for the user. They may be used instead of the default system message.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources