PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to backup CIC HQ without causing a switchover event

Posted 07-01-2014 12:06
    4.0 SU4ES here... Trying to figure out any way to backup the primary headquarters CIC server without causing a switchover event. Would like to have automatic switchover but feel as if it needs to be configured as manual switchover (issue did not occur when in manual mode). Situation: 2 x CIC servers, 1 at HQ 1 at DR site. Both fully virtualized (VMWare). HQ uses Veeam backup and it seems the notifier service dies during this backup window. Changed the backup time and the event logs indicating notifier service crash and switchover initiated follow the backup window, so it must be the backup. Currently set at 2 AM for backup (was 11 PM). DR site uses Acronis vmProtect which runs earlier (think 10 PM). Backups are successful, but switchover causes problems, especially polycom vvx500 phones. Random ones do not register, or when their SIP registration timer runs out, they do not re-register. Call Center Interaction Client preferences are all reset as well. Other than that people really do know that a switchover has taken place. Is there a place in a config file or registry to make the auto switchover more relaxed? I understand when VEEAM consolidates snapshot disks, there are ping latencies increased to 300-900ms for a few seconds, with maybe 1 or 2 dropped packets in there. If we could relax the auto switchover to make it less "trigger happy" I would appreciate the advice!

• 2.  RE: How to backup CIC HQ without causing a switchover event

GENESYS
    Posted 07-01-2014 13:24
    If notifier is crashing during the backup process then you really need to contact Interactive Intelligence support to find a solution, as an IC server is completely useless without notifier.

• 3.  RE: How to backup CIC HQ without causing a switchover event

Posted 07-01-2014 15:06
    Ok ticket has been open. Just curious what anyone else is using for backup, and if their CIC server is virtualized or not.

• 4.  RE: How to backup CIC HQ without causing a switchover event

Posted 07-01-2014 16:17
    Would you update this thread when you hear something back, please? I'm in the same boat with Veeam backups causing a switchover event. I tried to modify the time thresholds for switchover, but it didn't seem to make a difference. EDIT: I should've answered your question about switchover timing. It's in Interaction Admin under server parameters, I believe. It didn't make a difference when I tried to modify them.

• 5.  RE: How to backup CIC HQ without causing a switchover event

Posted 07-01-2014 16:20
    Sure. I currently took the server out of the veeam backup job. I'm not sure what they will recommend. NTbackup? Something else? Or the fact that is its replicated to a DR site, that would be enough? Maybe we do a backup with veeam every 6 months in a controlled fashion.

• 6.  RE: How to backup CIC HQ without causing a switchover event

Posted 07-01-2014 23:29
    If a backup procedure is causing a subsystem (such as Notifier) to crash, it tells me that the backup process is likely either interrupting that process in some way or causing system latency that results in faults in the subsystem that are beyond acceptable limits. It may be helpful to check performance indicators on the server to see if it is being overtaxed during the backup process.

• 7.  RE: How to backup CIC HQ without causing a switchover event

Posted 07-15-2021 01:27
    Edited by Mohit Verma 07-15-2021 01:27
    Was there any resolution found for this?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources