PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IVR Message Heard During Customer Call

Posted 01-14-2016 05:46
    Hi there, A member stated they heard our IVR menu message play while they were speaking with one of our customer service reps. I listened to the call and I too heard it. Thankfully, this is the only report I have received so far. Any recommendations on where I would start to see why this happened? I checked Attendant as a starting point and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Any other suggestions as to why this would have happened and how I would isolate it? Thanks so much.

• 2.  RE: IVR Message Heard During Customer Call

Posted 01-14-2016 15:42
    Originally posted by averym;33000
    Hi there, A member stated they heard our IVR menu message play while they were speaking with one of our customer service reps. I listened to the call and I too heard it. Thankfully, this is the only report I have received so far. Any recommendations on where I would start to see why this happened? I checked Attendant as a starting point and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Any other suggestions as to why this would have happened and how I would isolate it? Thanks so much.
    I would start with looking in the IP log. Use snapshot to make this a little easier: https://my.inin.com/products/selfhelp/SnapShot/Pages/default.aspx There you can look for the Call ID (you will need this). You can look at the call flow for this call in snap shot and should see the WAV file play and that will tell you where it was played from etc.

• 3.  RE: IVR Message Heard During Customer Call

GENESYS
    Posted 01-14-2016 16:56
    Sometimes that happens for Custom workgroups if p_bTransferred is not set to true in the CustomIVRWorkgroupQueue handler after kicking off the ACD processing.

• 4.  RE: IVR Message Heard During Customer Call

Posted 01-14-2016 20:59
    Could be a handler issue... but the most common cause of this is a caller that places 2 separate calls into the system and joins them together (usually on a cell phone). This is the maybe-if-I-place-more-calls-into-the-system-I-will-be-answered-faster syndrome. Often, an agent will report that when they pick up a call, they hear hold music and the customer, or are connected with another agent, or are connected with the caller and another agent. Check the call logs to see if there are 2 calls with the same ANI with overlapping timestamps.

• 5.  RE: IVR Message Heard During Customer Call

Posted 01-15-2016 14:43
    There is also a less malicious cause where sometimes the telephony network just screws up and somewhere between your callers phone and your local lines a call gets duplicated (Think double punched in the PSTN days). To confirm this normally what I do is I query the InteractionSummary table to see if we have 2 calls within a second or 2 from the same external number. If there are 2 calls in quick succession you know that either the caller decided to be a jerk and place 2 calls or something happened to cause 2 calls to come in at once.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources