PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ICBM Workgroup Directory View

Posted 06-20-2015 15:28
    I have just upgraded from 4SU6 to 2015R3P3. One thing that was noticed very quickly was the Workgroup Directory view is now showing in pages for larger workgroups. This is an inconvenience for those in our call center. Is there any way to revert the functionality back to just scrolling? I notice the for smaller workgroups, it does not switch to pages. Also resolution/screen size seems to affect the the number of items on each page so it makes me think that this is variable. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: ICBM Workgroup Directory View

Posted 12-04-2018 04:34
    Rebooting an old thread here, as I cannot find anything about this issue.

When in ICBM, using Workgroup Directory, workgroups with under 100 members, allow sorting by Status. This is very valuable tool for Team Managers etc. Once a workgroup goes over 100 members (we have one with 175 agents in), then the view is tabbed, 25 or so per tab and cannot then be sorted.

I raised this as a ticket once and received the response that this was a program limitation with no plans to change.

Anyone found a way to overcome this, or a way to present this information in a different way to operational supervisors?

------------------------------
    Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 3.  RE: ICBM Workgroup Directory View

Posted 12-04-2018 05:06
    Hi Philip,

I have just had a quick check and I can sort on Status field in the workgroup directory view and workgroup details member views, even for workgroups with more than 100 agents.
    We have a workgroup with 177 agents on them and I sorted it without issue.
    We are using 2017R4-P7 in Production and 2018R3-P11 in Test and it worked on both for me.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 4.  RE: ICBM Workgroup Directory View

Posted 12-04-2018 11:54
    There is a server parameter MaxDirectoryStatusWatches that controls this. I think by default it is 100, and then does pagination of 25 per page when the workgroup or directory is larger than this number.

Sean Walls
    Diamond Resorts Centralized Services Co.

• 5.  RE: ICBM Workgroup Directory View

Posted 12-04-2018 12:05
    Many thanks to you Sean.

I entered that Server Parameter with a value of 200 and the Directory View now holds all of the agent on a single page and can be sorted by status.

Interesting that the Support Engineers did not know how to do this.

The power of the user community :)

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 6.  RE: ICBM Workgroup Directory View

Posted 12-05-2018 09:48
    There are actually 2 server parameters in play here which you are probably running into.

As mentioned above the MaxDirectoryStatusWatches server parameter controls the maximum number of users which can exist in a directory and still be sorted. I believe it is defaulted to 25 and Genesys cautions setting this higher as it can cause system stability issues. 

The second server parameter of interest is ClientDirectoryPageSize which controls how many entries appear per page. Like the first server parameter this one may also cause system stability issues. Often times if you set the status watch server parameter and not the page size one filtering on status still doesnt work correctly due to the 25 entires per page. Typically I increase both of these settings in lockstep to keep the business happy and of course we monitor the system after we make this change to make sure we don't overload the system.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources