PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View

Managing SSE subscriptions without resubscribing all

• 1.  Managing SSE subscriptions without resubscribing all

Posted 10-11-2016 16:02
    I wanted to discuss an issue we have with subscribing to Server Sent Events (SSE) to receive Workgroup Statistics. My employer adds and removes active workgroups to monitor on a regular basis. What I was hoping would happen is that I could subscribe each workgroup stat for each workgroup as they are turned on and unsubscribe each workgroup as they are turned off. Here is how it seems to be working now: I subscribe to workgroup A and start receiving events without issue. I subscribe to workgroup B and start receiving events for workgroup B, but stop receiving events for workgroup A. I explicitly unsubscribe from workgroup A, get no errors, but stop receiving all events. I subscribe to workgroups A, B and C and get events from all 3 without issue. I unsubscribe from workgroup B and stop receiving all events again. With the process working out like this, what is the point of even having a DELETE method for this endpoint if I have to resubscribe every workgroup every time a change is made? This functionality does not seem right to me. I feel that subscriptions should be cumulative and a DELETE should just stop events for specific workgroups without forcing me to resubscribe everything.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources