PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Soap Question

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 03-13-2014 23:41
    Hello Everyone, I am relatively new to handlers. I just took Ryan's class last week. His class was great. However, one thing that wasn't cover was SOAP. Can anyone point to a tutorial on how to get start with calling a web service from a handler? Thanks in advance, Cesar

• 2.  RE: Soap Question

Posted 12-23-2016 23:46
    I am also trying to figure out the best/right way to do a web services call from within a handler. If anyone has some instructions or samples, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks. Dmitry.

• 3.  RE: Soap Question

GENESYS
    Posted 12-24-2016 00:32
    2017 R2 now has REST tools...what type of web service do you need to query? SOAP, for sure? Interaction Attendant can send a query to a SOAP web service as well. I used to spend a whole day teaching SOAP (outbound and inbound) during Advanced Handlers class. If you let me know a bit more about what you are trying to accomplish, I can probably post some materials that would help.

• 4.  RE: Soap Question

Posted 12-25-2016 23:52
    Thanks, George. I saw that tool in attendant, and read that it only accepts SOAP. so the developers gave me the the SOAM xml code. But after going through business requirements, we need to do this through handlers. I need to send a web services call to an internal application with three call attributes. Response should be "result=S" or something similar. The code developer gave me was: Web Service URL: {URL} Soap Spec: 1.1 Request XML: <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:beac="{another URL}"> <soapenv:Header/> <soapenv:Body> <beac:InputParameters> <beac:AgentId>?</beac:AgentId> <beac:PhoneNumber>?</beac:PhoneNumber> <beac:CallType>?</beac:CallType> <beac:CoachId>?</beac:CoachId> <beac:AgentExtension>?</beac:AgentExtension> <beac:AditionalParam1>?</beac:AditionalParam1> <beac:AditionalParam2>?</beac:AditionalParam2> <beac:AditionalParam3>?</beac:AditionalParam3> <beac:AditionalParam4>?</beac:AditionalParam4> <beac:AditionalParam5>?</beac:AditionalParam5> </beac:InputParameters> </soapenv:Body> </soapenv:Envelope> So now, i'm trying to figure out which tools in Designer i need to actually make this call. D.

• 5.  RE: Soap Question

GENESYS
    Posted 12-26-2016 14:10
    Here is a sample handler that calls an existing web service on the Internet. This, along with the SOAP technical reference from the online Help at help.inin.com, should give you a decent base to go from. You can actually just modify this handler and use it, since yours is a pretty basic call. This one just has one input, so you will need to modify it for three inputs. and change it to a subroutine that passes in and out the values you want to send to your internal web service plus the returns. The code at the end of the handler is borrowed from Attendant, and parses down through the SOAP response to find the first parameter you are looking for in the return, then gets sibling parameters for the rest of the resonse (if you are getting more than one value back). Hope this helps!

• 6.  RE: Soap Question

Posted 07-08-2019 11:24
    Hullo George, tried to contact you via PM but that doesn't seem to exist on the new forums.  I hit you up on LinkedIn instead.

I was looking for the handler example you previously posted here for Dmitry so that I might reference it to - would you be able to get it to me in some way?  

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Tyler Style
    Interactive Intelligence Engineer, WellCare Health Plans
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources